Chapter 9

"Are you sure you want to come back to Charming?" Melody asked Wendy as she got into the car.

"My program ended, I'm going to stay at that sober living house, I just want to have a little freedom before then" Wendy admitted.

"It's just, Charming is where all this bad stuff went down and I don't want it to mess with you" Melody said starting the drive back to Charming.

"I can do it Melody, I want to see Abel and sleep in a normal bed"

"Alright, you can take my room by the way, I have a pull out couch" Melody said and cut Wendy off when she tried to argue. "You're not going to have much privacy in a sober living home, just take the room" The rest of the ride was pretty silent besides the occasional talk about Abel. "Do you want to come with me to see him?" Melody asked.

"I think I'm just going to grab the rest of my things from the house if that's alright" Melody dropped Wendy off and headed to the hospital. Gemma was already in the room feeding Abel when she arrived.

"Here, my arms are getting tired and I don't want to get spit up on" Gemma handed Abel to Melody and she smiled.

"Hey there little man" Melody cooed grabbing a blanket to toss over her shoulder and then started burping him. Tara came in and Gemma asked a couple questions.

"Will we be able to take him home?" She asked and Tara smiled.

"Probably tomorrow" Abel spit up a little and Melody wiped his face. "Can I ask a practical question, who's going to take care of him?"

"We will" Gemma answered.

"Day and night? Gemma you've got Clay and the club, Melody has a career, and a baby is a full time responsibility" Tara argued.

"We'll figure it out, I've already started looking into some nannies for us to interview" Melody admitted rocking Abel.

"Jax doesn't know what he's getting into"

"Of course not, they never do" Gemma said shrugging a little. Tara took some vitals and then left the room. Melody cooed softly to Abel when he began to fuss. "You want kids?" Gemma asked.

"After seeing this little guy? More than ever" Melody answered honestly smiling at Abel.

"You know I'd love to sit back and just be grandma, if you get what I mean" Gemma said smirking a little.

"I almost never know what you mean, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the old man business" Melody said.

"Abel is just a baby, he doesn't know who his mom is yet" Gemma hinted.

"Wendy is Abel's mother, I'm just his aunt" Melody said laying Abel down.

"Sure look like mom to me, no aunt I've ever known drops everything in her life to come take care of her sister's kid" Gemma then left, leaving Melody alone with her thoughts. Soon Wendy stopped by with Tara and spent some time with Abel.

"He's so beautiful" Wendy said as Melody handed her Abel.

"I've never seen anything more perfect" Melody left Wendy to enjoy her time but felt Gemma's words coming back to her.

Next day

"Good morning" Melody said cheerfully holding coffee and a box of muffins in her hands. "I brought coffee and muffins" Melody set everything down and grabbed her coffee.

"What's got you so chipper" Tom asked grabbing a muffin.

"Abel gets to come home tonight!" Melody grabbed a giant stack of charts and began to sift through them.

"That's wonderful, I'm happy for you" Tom said.

"I've been shopping constantly, I think I bought just about everything but the store itself" Melody said settling into her chair.

"I've been meaning to talk to you, but I didn't want to do so until Abel was getting released" Tom said and Melody looked up. "I'd like to give you some time off, two weeks if you'd like"

"Why would you do that?" Melody asked.

"You deserve it, after everything that has happened with your sister and nephew, I want you to enjoy some time away with your family, besides, I know you're going to be taking care of the boy for the majority of time" Melody could feel the tears in her eyes and she smiled.

"Thank you" Melody said.

"Go on, I can handle today, you get ready for tonight" Melody thanked him again and ran out of the office. She headed home to pack up everything she had gotten for Abel. Blankets, bibs, toys, clothes, pacifiers, and pretty much anything else he could need. Before she knew it, it was time to head over. Melody promised Gemma she'd help set up. She changed into jeans and a white blouse then curled her hair and did her makeup. Once Melody got to the house she left everything in the car deciding to bring stuff in once everyone was gone. The whole house was decorated in blue and yellow when Melody was done and everyone started to arrive soon after. Jax had offered to bring Melody to the hospital so they could all arrive together with Abel, but she declined. Wendy deserved to have this moment alone although Melody would never admit it bothered her more than anything. She just couldn't get Gemma's words out of her head.