Chapter 18

It had been a crazy couple of days. Gemma got Elliot Oswald to help post bail for the guys. Jax admitted to Melody that he wanted to get the club on a straight path. And Melody had started to feel lost in this new world she called her life. Luann had been found beaten to death, but apparently that had nothing to do with the typical club business. The guys had started helping her porn business awhile back and this was the outcome of their so called help. Of course this didn't stop Melody from being terrified. Chibs was out of the hospital finally. And other than that, things between her and Jax were good. They weren't exactly together mostly because they haven't discussed it, but Melody had all but moved her stuff in. She had started looking at houses in the neighborhood and was considering selling her practice, but she hadn't said anything to anyone yet. Melody was at Jax's watching Abel when there was a knock at the door. When Melody answered she was surprised to see who it was.

"May I come in?" Stahl asked and Melody rolled her eyes.

"You got a warrant?" Melody asked.

"No, but I just wanted to talk, mind getting Jax over here, it's important" Melody texted Jax and let Stahl in.

"No bullshit ok? The second you start trying to weasel information you're out of here" Melody said bouncing Abel on her hip. Jax soon arrived and Melody led him into the living room where Stahl was waiting.

"You got a warrant?" Jax asked.

"Funny, she asked the same thing. Do you see me searching?"

"I got nothing to say to you" Jax said walking towards Melody. "Hey little man, how you doing" Jax said tickling Abel's tummy.

"Look at you two, Ozzy and Harriet" Stahl said tossing the magazine she had on the coffee table.

"Oh shut up" Melody snapped glaring at Stahl.

"Relax, I just wanted to know why you were leaving SAMCRO" Stahl stated and Melody looked to Jax blindsided.

"Just give me a minute" Jax said and Melody nodded bringing Abel into the nursery. Melody hated being blindsided, especially by that bitch. "You ok?" Jax asked and Melody shrugged turning to face him. "I'm joining the nomad charter of the Son's, I'll still be in the MC just not attached to any one charter" Jax admitted.

"When were you going to tell me?" Melody asked and Jax reached out grabbing her hands pulling her closer.

"I'm just trying to figure things out, I have to put distance between me and Clay" Jax admitted and Melody nodded.

"I uhm, I don't know what to say, but I'll be here with Abel and you go do what you have to do" Jax leaned down and kissed Melody hard.

"You're a tough woman you know that" Jax said resting his forehead on hers.

"I'm reality I just have no idea what to say or do, so if you think going nomad is something you have to do, who am I to stop you" Melody replied and Jax kissed her again.

"I'll see you later ok?" Jax said and Melody nodded. She spent the rest of the day taking care of Abel and picking up the house.

"Hello" Melody said answering her phone.

"It's Gemma, can you meet me at my house?" She asked.

"Sure, let me get Abel packed up and we'll head over, everything ok?" Melody asked.

"It will be" Gemma replied hanging up. Melody was a little puzzled but grabbed Abel's diaper bag and Abel then headed out to the car.

"Hey it's me, I'm just gonna put Abel down in his playpen" Melody called out opening the front door. Once she put Abel down she headed into the dining room where Jax and Clay were already sitting.

"Go on" Gemma said motioning to a seat. Melody sat down a little confused. "You know what I'm going to tell them" Gemma admitted and that's when Melody knew what this was. Gemma told the whole story and Melody cried for Gemma. She hadn't heard the full story before and she was sad for Gemma. Jax hugged Gemma and then Clay. He held out a hand for Melody to take and he pulled her to her feet.

"I love you ma" Jax said and Gemma nodded.

"I love you too" She said and Melody headed off to grab Abel and the three of them left. When they got to the house Melody put Abel down for the night and then sat with Jax in the kitchen.

"I wanted to tell you" She admitted and Jax shrugged.

"You did the right thing, keeping her secret, knowing my mother you had no choice" Jax said sewing his patch back on his cut.

"I can do that" Melody offered and Jax shook his head. There was a knock at the door and Jax stood up pulling out his gun. He pushed Melody behind him and answered it. Luckily it was just Clay. "I'll get him" Melody said referring to a crying Abel.

"That's alright, I got it" Jax said handing Melody his gun and leading Clay to the nursery. Melody placed the gun on the table and sat down to finish sewing Jax's patch back on. After awhile the two men came back into the kitchen.

"Goodnight Melody and uh thanks" Clay said and Melody gave him a weak smile.

"You know I'd do anything for Gemma" Melody said and Clay placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I know" He said and then left for the night.

"I finished putting your patch back on" Melody said hanging Jax his cut.

"Thanks" Jax said and Melody sighed.

"I know things are kind of weird between us now and you're probably mad that I kept everything a secret but I couldn't betray Gemma like that" Melody said standing up from the table.

"I was trying to be honest with you about the club shit and you were still running around with secrets of your own" Jax said.

"I know and I'm sorry, Gemma has been there for me and I can honestly say she's like a mother to me Jax, I haven't had a mother in ten years and when she asked me to help her, I just had to" Melody said with tears in her eyes.

"My mom thinks of you as one of her own" Jax admitted.

"Are we gonna be ok?" Melody asked and Jax nodded pulling her in for a hug.

"Of course" Jax said kissing the top of her head. "Let's go to bed" He said leading her to the bedroom.