Chapter 11

Jax had left early in the morning to go talk to Opie. Melody made herself useful and cleaned up from the night before. Just as she finished Abel's cries filled the house.

"I'm coming baby" Melody called drying the last dish.

"I got it" Jax said coming into view.

"Jesus Jax! I nearly dropped the plate" Melody said leaning against the sink.

"I'm sorry" Jax said and Melody took a deep breath.

"It's okay, I'm just antsy" Melody explained and then shooed him off to grab Abel.

"Hey I gotta head out, my mom should be over soon" Jax kissed her forehead and Melody froze. "Sorry, instinct" Jax said.

"It's okay, I'll see you later?" Melody asked and Jax nodded. Gemma stopped by a little while later.

"Did you hire a cleaning service this morning?" Gemma asked.

"No, I clean when I'm antsy" Melody admitted and Gemma nodded.

"Understandable, but the club will protect you" Gemma said unpacking a couple boxes.

"You staying for awhile?" Melody asked.

"Yeah, I figured I'd do some unpacking for Jax"

"Is it okay if I run to the store? I figured I'd stock up"

"Sure thing sweetheart, Jax likes steak and mashed potatoes by the way" Gemma smirked a little.

"And why would you tell me that?" Melody asked looking for her purse.

"Just in case you wanted to make him dinner some time" Gemma shrugged continuing to unpack. "You will be staying here for two weeks"

"You are insane" Melody grabbed her keys and smiled. "Thanks" Melody headed to the store but decided to take her time so Gemma could have some alone time with Abel. Hesitating, Melody headed to the butcher shop after the grocery store. She ordered two twelve ounce steaks and then headed to the florist for some flowers. She picked two decent sized bouquets and on her way back to the house stopped by Opie's house. She remembered Donna mentioning what street they lived on when Melody asked if there were any houses for sale. Melody spotted a bike in the driveway and took her chance. A woman answered that Melody didn't recognized.

"I'm sorry I thought-"

"Are you here for Opie?" The woman asked and Melody nodded. "I'm Mary his mother, Opie!" She called out and pulled melody inside.

"I brought some flowers and some fresh cookies from the bakery" Melody handed Mary the flowers and placed the cookies on the counter.

"Melody? What are you doing here?" Opie asked coming into view.

"I'm really sorry for dropping by, I know you'd like to be alone and I will respect your wishes, I just wanted to let you know I'm here for absolutely anything you need and if you want me to talk to the kids, I know exactly what they're going through, I lost both my parents when I was eighteen" Opie gave her a very weak smile. "Okay I'm out of here, go spend some time with your kids, they need you" Melody turned to face the door but Opie grabbed her wrist.

"Thanks" Melody smiled and rubbed his arm.

"Call me anytime" Melody finally headed back to the house and nearly collapsed in the kitchen with all the groceries. Gemma was still unpacking and smirked.

"You went to the butcher?" Melody blushed a little.

"It's not steak" Melody lied and Gemma smirked again.

"Whatever you say" Abel began to cry just as Melody started putting away the groceries. "I got it" Gemma said heading back towards the nursery. Melody quickly put away the steak and potatoes before Gemma could come back. "Look Abel, it's mommy" Gemma said handing Abel to Melody.

"Not funny Gemma" Melody said glaring at her slightly.

"Wendy didn't even come to see him before she left" Gemma pointed out and Melody sighed.

"She was upset that Abel stopped crying when I held him" Melody said.

"She still should've come to see her son" Gemma argued. "You would've never done that, just like a real mom"

"Wendy is his real mom" Melody argued back.

"Blood ain't got nothing to do with family sometimes" Gemma kissed Abel's forehead and then said goodbye to Melody. "I'll make sure Jax gets home a reasonable time" She smirked and left leaving Melody slightly flustered. Melody grabbed Abel's swing and laid him down while she unpacked the rest of the groceries. Then she started on dinner, trying not to admit to herself that she hoped Gemma would keep her word.

(I know it's still going slow!! But I swear it's going to heat up within the next couple chapters)