2

Chapter Two| Ava

"I can't believe that man paid you two hundred pounds in a day already. You're going to be rich by the end of the week." It's the following day and Charlie is driving me back to Kaden's.

"Charlie, stop. It was probably just because it was my first day." I reason as he pulls up outside his home.

"Real sorry baby girl, but I can't pick you up later." He turns to me and runs a hand through his brown hair.

Charlie is a really good looking guy, but his reputation of playing girls is off the scale. He tried to get with me a couple years ago, so I punched him in the face and then we became best friends.

"It's alright, don't worry." I smile at him.

He gets out of the car and opens the door for me. I laugh at him. "Hey, what's so funny?!" He grins at me.

"You don't need to open the door for me Charlie." I playfully roll my eyes. He throws his head back in laughter and then pulls me into a hug.

"See you tomorrow?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah it's my day off already." I say.

"Okay, baby." He then looks up and his smile drops.

"Is that the man you're working for, cause he looks moody as fuck." Charlie asks and I look to the front door to see Kaden standing there with a scowl on his face.

"Y-Yeah, I better go." I give him a quick hug and walk over to Kaden. "Hi!" I smile brightly at him.

Kaden puts his hand on my lower back and leads me in the house while still staring at Charlie. Once he's shut the door he turns to face me.

"Is that your boyfriend?" He asks lowly.

"No that's my best friend, Charlie." I smile.

"He seems a bit touchy-feely just to be a friend." Kaden tilts his head.

"Yeah he's always like that." I awkwardly laugh. "Where's Lily?" I question, changing the subject.

"My princess is having breakfast in the kitchen, she's been asking about you since she woke up. You're all she talks about." He smirks.

"Oh really?! She's such a sweet girl." I smile brightly and make my way towards the kitchen to say hello to her.

"Hi, sweetie." I grin as I see Lily sitting in her Princess and the Frog pyjamas.

"Avey!" She yells and makes grabby hands for me. I pick her up and spin her around, she giggles loudly. "I missed you!" She mumbles in my neck.

"I missed you too." I stroke her hair. I turn around and jump a little when I see Kaden staring at us in admiration. Once he's seen me looking at him he quickly covers it up with a cough.

"Late minute but I'm working from home today but I would really appreciate it if you would stay to keep an eye on my little devil, while I work in my office." Kaden playfully scowls at Lily.

"Hey! I'm a princess!" She pouts.

"I know." He walks over to us and kisses her on the forehead. The close proximity makes my heart race fast.

What Lily does next shocks me.

She wraps one of her small arms around Kaden pulling him down slightly and then one arm around me and pulls us into a hug.

Oh shit

Oh fuck.

What do I do?!

I'm just a babysitter.