36

Chapter Thirty Six| Ava

A/N- isn't she so cute 🥺
*sensitive content*

Kaden and I are sat on either side of Lily, as she opens up to the woman she has become quite fond of. Her therapist, Jane, who is scribbling down notes on her notepad, nods every now and then as Lily talks about her traumatic memories, then goes off topic and starts talking about Aleksio.

This is her sixth session and I'm so glad that Lily has opened up and is getting back to her old self. The first therapy session was rather difficult. Lily would not stop crying and was screaming to go home, Kaden was really struggling to keep his emotions at bay, as he watched our little girl cry her eyes out. I was worried she was going to cry herself into a panic attack.

I remember Kaden getting quite emotional that night, I had to be the strong one and comfort him as he cried for our daughter. He then went to go and get her from her bedroom and brought her into bed with us, so he could keep an eye on her.

Lily explained how Raymond said horrible stuff to her about not having a mother because her's was dead. At the time, she was fully convinced I was dead and did not think once about Beth. The marks on her neck was from when he forced her to sit in the chair that we saw her tied on to when we found her.

Although things are getting better, today's topic is not going well. I can feel how tense Kaden is.

The man at the restaurant.

The one Lily sees in her nightmares.

Jamie, who has taken the fall for Beth's death and is now rotting in prison, told Kaden who the guy was. His name is Ross and although he looks like a grown man, he's only sixteen. That's all Jamie could tell us, no one knew his surname or where he came from.

He's always off the radar. Hard to find. That really made Kaden angry.

"Lily. Can you explain how this man made you feel?" Jane questions her, placing her glasses on top of her head.

"S-Sad." Lily mumbles, whilst holding my index finger with her small hand. She seems to find comfort in doing this lately.

"Why sad?"

"Because he is lonely." I furrow my eyebrows and look at Kaden, who is doing the same thing.

"Did the man you saw at the restaurant ever hurt you?" Lily shakes her head.

This is the first time we are hearing Lily talk about Ross and to be honest I'm quite confused. I was convinced this man had hurt Lily, hence the nightmares she has about him.

"Lily, you told me he hurt you." I interrupt and look down at her in worry. "You say he's a bad man."

"Uncle Raymond made him hurt me, he hurt him with scary things, so Bad Man would scare me." She whispers, her eyes getting watery. "B-Bad Man would cry."

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement.

"Why do you call him Bad Man, if he didn't mean to hurt you, sweetheart?" Jane questions, looking at her in sympathy.

"H-He said that was his name and that he didn't deserve a n-normal name." Lily tightens her hold on my finger.

"You said you had nightmares. Was he in them?" Lily looks up at me with wide brown eyes and I smile.

"It's okay, baby, you can tell her." She gives a small smile and then faces Jane.

"I have b-bad dreams about him taking me away from mummy and daddy because he's lonely." Kaden releases a long breath and closes his eyes. "B-But even though he's scary, I think he can be nice, he gave me a sweetie." She continues and I'm starting to get worried about Kaden's silence.