25

Chapter Twenty Five| Ava

"Fucking. Hell." I whisper to myself as I eye the disheveled woman standing in the large hallway.

Kaden is silent next to me, he reaches out for my hand and intertwines our fingers together.

"K-Kaden." The woman whispers and steps forward on shaky legs.

"Don't step any further." Luciano threatens.

The woman is extremely skinny, her skin looks really bad, clearly from the use of drugs. She can't seem to keep skill, she itches her arms and moves her jaw from side to side.

Kaden still hasn't said a word. He just looks angry, the tips of his ears, a light shade of red.

"Why the fuck are you alive, Beth?" Kaden growls out. I watch her flinch, her eyes starting to water.

"I-I w-want to see my daughter." I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Sorry bitch, if you're talking about Lily, she already has a mother. She's stood next to Kaden." Elena pipes up, playing with a knife. She looks at me and winks, I quickly look away.

Beth looks at me and frowns.

"That bitch is not my daughter's mother!"

"She most certainly is! You left Lily as soon as she was born, you chose drugs over her!" Kaden let's go of my hand and walks forwards until he is staring down at her in anger. "My little girl didn't have a mother for four years. Do you know how hard it was to explain to her she didn't have a mother? To have her cry and beg for me to find her one?!" He starts to yell.

"W-Well I'm here now." She give me a crooked smile. "We can be a family. You still love me r-right?"

"Beth, I never loved you. You trapped me but I'm thankful because you've given me a beautiful daughter and in a way, you gave me Ava." Kaden says proudly. "A woman I love, a woman I'm going to marry one day."

Beth clenches her fist and stares at me; an evil glint in her eyes. I glare at her back.

"Avey." I look up the stairs and start to panic when Lily walks down.

Kaden looks back at me with wide eyes.

"Hey, sweetie. Let's go back up stairs, yeah." I pick her up and start to walk up the stairs but Beth's voice stops me.

"I'll shoot you, if you go any further up those stairs!" I clutch Lily closer to me and turn my head. I place her head in the crook of my neck, so she doesn't see all the guns aimed at the woman and then the one aimed at me.

"Avey." Lily whimpers, clutching onto me tightly.

"Beth, put the gun down." Kaden warns.

"She's mine, that's my daughter! Give her to me!" She sounds absolutely psychotic.

"Ok." My eyes widen at Kaden's comment. However I look behind him and see Elena, creeping up behind Beth.

Kaden's distracting Beth.

"I'll let you back into our lives. We can be a family, if that's what you want, right?" Kaden tilts his head.

Beth nods her head rapidly. "M-more than anything." She grins.

However her grin quickly falls when Elena somehow manages to disarm her and pull her into a headlock.

"Don't be ridiculous." Elena rolls her eyes and tightens her arm around Beths neck.

I quickly take Lily upstairs and leave her with Aleksio. I give her stern instructions about not leaving the room until I come to get her.

I make my way back down the stairs and see Beth on her knees, Elena has a gun aimed at her head.