5

Chapter Five| Kaden

I wake up and jump up when I see that my little girl is no longer here. I get out of bed and run out of my bedroom. "Princess!" I yell out for her and walk into her bedroom but she's not there. I run down the stairs and freeze when I see her sat in front of the front door.

I walk up to her and pick her up. "Why are you sat by the door, Lily."

"Avey." She mumbles and I sigh to myself and walk us to the kitchen. I place her on a chair and start to make her breakfast.

"So, what do you want to do today? We can go to the cinema and watch that new princess film." She just shrugs her shoulders, avoiding eye contact.

"Avey was going to take me." She whispers.

"We can still go together." I say while finishing up her pancakes.

"Fine." She grumbles. I place a plate in front of her.

"Lily, please stop with this attitude." I tell her sternly but my eyes widen when she rolls her eyes at me. "Did you just roll your eyes at me, young lady." I crouch down in front of her.

She turns to look at me. "I. Want. Avey." She grumbles.

"Finish your breakfast." I ignore her and get up to clean the kitchen.

I turn back round to see if she's eating her breakfast and I see that she is, with a scowl on her face.

"Princess, please stop being mad at me." I plead, whilst drying the plates.

"I'm finished." She pushes her half empty plate away from her and climbs down the chair.

"I love you." I tell her and she just runs out of the kitchen, the sound of her chubby feet tapping against the marble floor. "Yeah love you too, dad." I mumble to myself.

•••

"You going to ignore me forever, Princess." I glance at her as I drive to the cinema.

"I'm just sad, daddy." She throws her little arms up in frustration, making me chuckle a little.

"So am I, my little princess is mad at me." I tell her.

"And because you told Avey to go." She looks out the window as if what she said wasn't a big deal.

"Princess...I...w-what?" I stutter, lost for words.

"When we get to the cinema can you buy me large popcorn and a large slushie because I'm sad?" She smiles at me and I just nod, still in shock about what she said.

This girl will be the death of me.

We arrive at the cinema and I buy her what she wanted. We go to sit down and I couldn't look more out of place if I wanted to. Little girls with their mothers give me weird stares as I squeeze into the tiny seat. I look down at my princess and smile when I see her munching on her popcorn. She glares at the girls giving me evil looks and they turn back around.

I chuckle, she definitely gets that face from me.

Once the film has finished I carry Lily out as she claims she can't walk because she's eaten too much popcorn.

"Thank you." She beams at me and I smile back at her. "I love you." I quickly stop my eyes from watering.

"Love you too, princess." I kiss her forehead. "You want to go and get some lunch." She grins and nods her head.

I take us to an Italian restaurant and she orders spaghetti bolognese and I get a chicken Alfredo.

"So, how do you feel about a new babysitter?" I ask in a nervous voice.