39

Chapter Thirty Nine| Ava

"Come on, baby! Don't leave me hanging like this." Kaden nervously chuckles as he looks up at me with worried eyes.

"I-I can't." His face drops and he stands up on shaky legs.

"W-What?" He whispers in hurt, taking a step away from me.

"I'll be fat!" I cry out and point to my belly.

"You don't want to marry me because you'll be fat." Kaden raises his eyebrows and I nod my head. "We'll get married after the baby."

"Okay." I whisper and Kaden releases a sigh of relief.

"Fucking hell woman, way to ruin a lovely moment." He laughs and gets back down on his knee in front of me. "Let's try again, shall we?" I giggle and nod my head. "Ava, will you marry me?"

I tease him and take a minute to think. I hear him growl and look down at him. "Yes." He stands up and puts the expensive looking diamond ring on my finger. "How much did this cost?" I furrow my eyebrows at him and he shrugs.

"Six figures" He says so casually, my eyes nearly fall out of their sockets.

"Kaden!"

"Happy Valentine's!" He smiles brightly and picks me up, walking us through the gazebo to look at the city skyline.

***

Five months later

"Ross, please stop buying Lily all this stuff!" I look at all the princess dolls scattered across the living room floor.

"But she's my baby sister." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"I understand but you need to stop spoiling her, Kaden does enough of it and now she has the attitude of a teenager and she's only five!" I throw my arms up and watch Ross smile.

"Isn't the baby due soon?" He helps me sit down on the sofa and I nod my head.

"Due date is next week, Kaden's been going absolutely crazy! He's been making us do drills for when my water breaks." I can't help but smile at his overprotective nature.

"I know. I hear you rushing about in the early hours of the morning." Ross laughs and my eyes widen.

"Seriously?!" He nods his head.

"Mummy!" Lily runs into the room, hand in hand with Aleksio.

Just like Kaden, Ross is not fond of Aleksio. I honestly feel sorry for the poor little boy when the two grow up. He's going to be getting grief left, right and centre.

"Yes sweetie." She runs up to me and rests her little hands on my large belly.

"When is baby going to be here? I want to see him!" She jumps around and then smothers my stomach in little kisses.

"Soon." Hopefully. "Where's daddy?" Throughout my pregnancy, Kaden has barely left my side and I find it so odd how I've been left alone for about an hour now.

"Arguing with Ardy!" She claps her little hands together and I furrow my eyebrows.

What the fuck?

"What? Why?" I try and get up by myself but Ross has to help.

"Aleksio kissed me on the cheek and daddy didn't like it." She looks up at me with her big brown, innocent eyes and I sigh.

I look and see Ross clenching his jaw.

"Stay with these two." I order him and make my way to Kaden's office. I can hear muffled voices through the door and just decide to walk in.

"I don't give a shit Ardian, that's my little girl!" Ardian let's out a laugh and shakes his head in disbelief. "You think this shit is funny? You're little game player of a son will break my little girls heart and that's not happening, not unless I'm six feet under."