10

Chapter Ten| Kaden

"Ava!" I call out for her as I make my way down the stairs. I follow the giggles coming from the kitchen. A smile etches onto my face once I see Ava and Lily making breakfast together.

"Avey, chocolate?" My little girl holds up a packet of chocolate chips and try's to pour them in the batter.

"You want them in your pancakes, sweetie?" Ava smiles down at her and she nods eagerly. "Me too." She beams and goes back to making the pancakes.

I lean against the door frame and smile at the sight in front of me.

"Morning." Ava jumps a little and spins round, smiling brightly at me.

"Hey." She beams.

"Morning daddy!" Lily squeals, making grabby hands for me. I lift her up and tickle her stomach. "S-stop." She giggles.

"You want some pancakes?" Ava asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

I walk over to her with Lily in my arms and bend down, kissing her on the forehead. "Get yourself and Lily fed, then bring some to my office. We've got some things to discuss." I hand Lily over to her, kiss them both on the forehead and walk out of the kitchen to my office.

***

A knock on the door grabs my attention from my laptop.

"Come in." Ava walks in with a plate of pancakes. "Baby, you don't need to knock on the door, just walk in."

"O-Okay. I got your pancakes." She walks over and places the plate in front of me, she then takes a seat in the chair opposite me. "What did you want to discuss?"

"Move in with me." I lean forward and stare at her intensely. "I feel as if you'll be here a lot to babysit Lily. It might just be easier if you moved in."

"Kaden don't be ridiculous. If this is because of what happened with my ex, I'm sure I'll figure something out." She says and I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Ava, I'm serious." I stand up and walk over to her. I pick Ava up from her chair and place her onto my desk, stepping in between her legs. 

"Kaden, what you are saying is absolutely crazy. I don't need to move in." Her eyes widen when I grab hold of her waist and pull her closer to me.

"But I'm crazy for you. So fucking crazy." I grin down at her.

"I'm not moving in with you." She try's to get down from the desk but I stop her. "Now that I think about it, we don't really know that much about each other." She tilts her head back a little.

"Hi, my name is Kaden. I'm thirty years old and I have a four year old daughter named, Lily." I joke, making her giggle.

"Kaden." She rolls her eyes and shoves me back a little.

"What?! You want to get to know me." I smile brightly. "I promise, we will get to know each other a bit later." I kiss her and help her down from my desk.

"Fine." She huffs and leaves my office.

I spend the next four hours finalising meetings for my business, I run my own construction business and it's a lot of hard work. I'm just lucky I get to come home to my daughter after a long day and hopefully Ava too.

My beautiful Ava then walks through my office doors but I frown when I see the worried look on her face.

I get up quickly and walk over to her. "What's wrong?" I ask, stroking her hair.

"Raymond is here and he seems really angry." She whispers.

"He didn't touch you right? Where's Lily?" I frown and my blood starts to boil at the thought of my ex's brother hurting my girls.

"No and Lily is in her room, watching a film. Raymond said he needs to speak with you urgently." I nod and walk out of my office, grabbing hold of Ava's hand while we exit.

"The fuck are you doing here?" I growl out when I see him standing by the front door.

"We've got fucking business to discuss, Morello." Raymond sneers and then looks at my girl like a piece of meat. That just makes my blood boil more. 

"Don't fucking stare at her." I pull Ava closer to me. She looks between us in confusion.

"I'm not fucking around, Kaden. I'm going to do anything to get custody of Lily because that is what my sister would have wanted." Raymond argues.

"Your sister was a fucking drug addict." I argue back. "Over my fucking dead body will you take my daughter away from me."

"I can get her taken away from you with a snap of my fingers, Kaden. Don't fucking test me." Raymond smirks and I clench my jaw.

I turn to Ava. "Baby, can you take Lily home with you for the night? Get that Charlie to pick you both up and I'll come and collect you both tomorrow morning." I smile gently.

"Are you okay? What's going on?" She reaches up and strokes my hair.

"Everything will be fine." I give a tight lipped smile. She looks at me, then at Raymond before making her way up the stairs to go and get Lily.

"I see you've got a bitch." I clench my fists and stare down at him.

"Say that again and I'll make sure you never breathe a word out again. That's my woman, not my fucking bitch. Understand?" I threaten him and tilt my head. I see him visibly gulp but then he quickly covers up his fear and chuckles lowly.

He looks behind me and I turn around and see Ava carrying a tired and confused looking Lily. "D-daddy." She whimpers.

"Hey, Princess." I walk over to my girls and stroke Lily's head. "You're going to have a sleepover at Avey's tonight." Her eyes brighten a little and then she slowly nods off to sleep. "Thank you, I promise everything will be fine." I tell Ava, she nods and adjusts the bag that she packed for Lily on her shoulder.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She reaches up and I crouch down a little so she can kiss me on the cheek. I walk over to the door and watch as they get into Charlie's car.

Once they've left I close the door and turn back round to face Raymond.

"You wanna discuss business, then let's fucking go." I growled.

💛