41

Chapter Forty One| Ava

"No, Ava. We are not doing that stupid tradition." Kaden complains and I roll my eyes.

"You can't see me the night before the wedding, it's bad luck! You've got to leave the house tomorrow with the guys." I throw my hands in the air and look at him in frustration.

"You think I'm going to spend a night not seeing your face because of some stupid, ancient tradition?" He crosses his arms over his chest and raises his eyebrows at me.

"Kaden, please." I plead with him as I follow him into the kitchen. "I won't marry you." I watch his back tense and he spins around and glares at me.

"Don't say that shit." He growls out.

"Hello mummy." Lily runs into the kitchen and I lift her into my arms.

"Hi, princess." I kiss her cheeks, making her giggle.

"What about me, baby girl?" Kaden pouts and she reaches out for him. She squeals as he tickles her stomach.

"Where's Liam?" She questions, playing with her dad's hair.

"He's taking a nap, baby." I smile. "Lily, tell daddy it's bad luck to see the bride the night before the wedding." She gasps and looks at Kaden with wide shocked eyes.

"Daddy, you have to go!" I smirk as I watch Kaden clench his jaw.

"But I will miss you guys." He pouts at her but she shakes her little head.

"No!"

"Baby girl, don't use that tone with me." He scolds and she pouts.

"Sorry." She whispers, looking down. "Mummy's going to be a princess." Her mood quickly brightens though.

"More like a Queen." Kaden smiles along with her.

"A queen! Mummy's going to be a beautiful queen. Isn't she daddy?" She beams and I feel my heart flutter.

"She sure is." He winks at me and I look away smiling.

A few hours later, Kaden and I are laying in bed together. We are both facing each other on our sides.

"Give me a kiss." He says and I lean forward, planting a small kiss on his pouted lips. "You're really going to make me leave tomorrow, aren't you?" He whispers and I nod my head.

"You can leave in the evening, so it won't even be twenty four hours, baby." I reach up and stroke his face.

"One hour is hard enough." He shuffles closer to me and rests his hands on my waist. "I love you."

"And I love you."

"Have you written your vows?" I nod my head and bite my lip. "So have I, I'm so excited to make you cry." He smiles and I laugh, slapping his chest lightly.

"Kaden! You better not." I playfully scowl at him.

"Promise me something." He takes a deep breath. "Never stop loving me, please." He clutches onto me a little tighter and I feel my eyes start to water.

"You're making me cry already, you big idiot!" I lightly laugh. "Of course I'm not going to stop loving you!"

"My beautiful woman." He takes a minute to admire me.

"My beautiful man." I whisper back and we both grin at one another. "I need a new job."

He furrows his eyebrows.

"What?"

"Kaden, Lily is my daughter. I am her mother now, not her babysitter." His eyebrows stay furrowed. "Lily will be starting school in a couple months as well, I just want a part time job."