3

Chapter Three| Ava

"Let's go to that funfair tonight." Charlie says, jumping on my bed next to me.

"Who said you could just barge into my room? Go back to your own." I roll my eyes at him.

Charlie and I thought that it would be cheaper to share an apartment together but a couple weeks of living together I regretted it because all Charlie did was bring girls back.

"You not got some girl to go with? I don't know if I can be bothered. I'd rather just sit here and re-watch Euphoria." I sigh, opening a bag of crisps and switch on my tv.

"Baby, please!" He whines.

"No, it's my day off!" I throw my head back in frustration.

"We haven't spent time like this together for ages, please Ava." He looks at me with his deep green eyes and I give in.

"Fine!" I huff and walk into the bathroom to get ready.

"Love you!" He calls out.

"Yeah love you too." I mumble back.

Once I'm ready, Charlie and I get in the car and make our way to the fair.

"So, did you get home alright last night?" Charlie questions.

"Yeah, Kaden dropped me off." I nod and look out the window.

"You spoken to him today?" He glances at me.

"No, why would I?" I chuckle lightly. "He's literally my boss, Charlie. I'm not just going to randomly message him on my day off. I doubt he'd want to message me anyway" I laugh.

"He seemed a bit protective yesterday, when I dropped you off. That man literally stared me down until I got back in my car." Charlie jokes but I furrow my eyebrows.

"Don't be so dramatic, Charlie." I roll my eyes.

"He's a bit old for you, don't you think? I mean he has a child."

"Charlie I'm twenty four, he's thirty. There's not that much difference and why does it matter anyway?  We are not a couple. He. Is. My. Boss." I tell him clearly.

"Good." He nods.

We reach the funfair and Charlie parks the car. "You ready to have fun?!" Charlie grins and I grin back.

"Come on!" I smile and jump out the car, running to the ticket booth. I can hear Charlie running after me laughing. Colourful lights surround us and music fills my ears. "I've missed this." I smile brightly at him as we wait in the queue.

"You and me both, Ava." We get to the front of the queue and Charlie pays for our tickets.

An hour later we've been on about ten rides and eaten so much candy floss. "Charlie, I feel sick." I hold my stomach.

"Shit, same." He groans, but then he smiles playfully and lifts me up, spinning us around.

"Charlie stop!" I laugh so much, my stomach starts to hurt. "Charlie!"

"Avey!"

We both turn to the voice and my eyes widen.

"Lily!" Charlie puts me down and I crouch down so she can run into my arms. She cuddles me tightly and then pulls away and gives Charlie an evil glare.

Odd.

"Lily." I frown. "Where is your daddy?" I ask her sternly.

"Oh." She looks down and fiddles with her hands.