18

Chapter Eighteen| Ava

"Oh shit." I whisper under my breath when I see Raymond standing outside.

"What the fuck do you want?" Kaden growls out and squares up to him.

"I want my niece." Raymond demands.

"Fuck sake!" Luciano throws his hands up in the air and goes to stand next to his brother. "She's my niece, not yours. I'm her favourite Uncle, so I suggest you turn around before I shoot you right here, right now." My eyes widen at the seriousness in Luciano's voice.

Damn.

Raymond scoffs and glares at Luciano. "Fuck off, you piece of shit." I gasp when Luciano pulls out his gun and holds it against Raymond's temple.

"Say that one more fucking time." Luciano growls out.

Raymond's eyes then land on me and a chilling smirk is etched onto his face. Kaden realises and wraps his arm around my waist.

"See you've still got your bitch, Kaden." I roll my eyes at the guys comment. However I stare in shock when Kaden pulls out a gun from the back of his trousers. He storms over to Raymond and places the gun on the other side of his temple.

"Don't you ever call her out of her name, you hear me and don't get my woman involved in your petty bullshit!" He shouts, the veins in his neck sticking out. "Now I suggest you fucking leave because my brother is not the only person wanting to put a bullet through your skull."

Raymond smirks and takes a step back, nodding his head. "I'll leave. Jamie says hi by the way, sweetheart." He winks at me and my blood runs cold.

I flinch when Kaden raises his gun and shoots Raymond in the leg, he cries in pain and falls to the concrete floor. "Kaden!" I shout, completely in shock.

My first thought is Lily so I take a step back and rush into the house.

"Avey." Lily whispers, her eyes watery. "I heard a loud noise and it scared me." She whimpers and reaches out for me.

"It's okay sweetie." Picking Lily up, I rub her back and walk up to her room.

My heart is still racing at what I just witnessed.

"Is daddy okay?" She whispers, looking up at me with her big brown eyes.

"He's fine." I try to give her my best reassuring smile.

"Okay. Stay?" She tilts her head and I nod, stroking her hair.

After about fifteen she falls asleep. I stand up and walk out of her bedroom.

Now I can call Charlie.

It's as if this whole mafia situation has finally hit me and it's in this moment that I realise I need time to myself to comprehend it. I've been so preoccupied with looking after Lily and being with Kaden that I haven't had my own time.

Three rings later and he picks up. "You alright, Ava?" He questions down the phone.

"Can you come and get me?" I whisper.

"Why? What's happened?" I can hear him shuffling around and a set of keys.

"I just want to stay with you for a while, haven't seen you in ages." I release a shaky breath.

"Okay I'll be about fifteen minutes." He says.

"Okay." I whisper and hang up.

I make my way to our bedroom and grab some of my belongings.