14

Chapter Fourteen| Kaden

"Yeah, nice to hear from you too, brother." I roll my eyes at his greeting.

"Yeah, yeah. What do you want?"

"You know a guy named Jamie silver?" His name makes me grimace.

"That fucker owes me a lot of money, how do you know him?" He growls out and I smirk.

My brother is a very powerful man and the fact that Jamie is in a bit of trouble with him makes me an extremely happy man.

"Unfortunately, Luciano, he is my lady's ex boyfriend." I sigh.

"Wait hold the fuck up, little bro you've got a girlfriend?!" He teases down the phone and I roll my eyes at his childish behaviour, he may be my older brother but most times he doesn't like to act like it.

"Yes and this Jamie keeps harassing my girl and he's threatened me and your niece." I hear him growl out down the phone.

"He threatened you and Lily?" He asks in a deadly tone. "That motherfucker." He curses under his breath.

"I need you to help me get rid of him." I whisper this bit, just in case Ava hears me.

"No." I furrow my eyebrows at his rejection.

"Luciano, what the fuck?!"

"I'll do it myself, I don't want you getting involved when you've got Lily and your lady to look after." A sigh of relief escapes my lips. "I can fly into London tomorrow night, so prepare the guest room, yeah."

"Thank you." I say.

"We're family Kade, I'd do anything for my family." Then he hangs up.

***

"You okay, baby?" I look down at my woman, who is resting her head on my lap.

"Mmm." She mumbles and I frown, running my fingers through her hair.

"No you're not, tell me what's wrong." I whisper, however she ignores me and keeps her eyes on the tv. "Baby girl, tell me." I grab the remote and switch the television off.

She sighs and sits up, I pull her onto my lap and nuzzle my head in her neck.

"Talk to me baby."

"I'm scared you and Lily are going to get hurt because of Jamie." She sighs and rests her hands on my chest.

"Don't be, I've got it sorted." I pick her up and carry her to our bedroom. "Let's go to bed."

***

"Who is this beaut?" Luciano flirts, grabbing Ava's hand and kissing it. My blood boils when I see her giggle at him.

My brother looks a lot like me, obviously. But I am taller by a couple inches.

"She's my woman." I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her back to my front, kissing her neck and then glaring at a smirking Luciano.

"I'm Ava." She laughs and Luciano nods, still staring at her intensely.

"Quit staring at her like that!" I growl out and he holds his hands up in defence.

"My bad, you are a very beautiful woman Ava, I am this boring man's brother, Luciano." He reaches his hand out and Ava shakes it.

"Nice to meet you." She smiles.

"Uncle Luci!" Lily beams running into Luciano's open arms.

"How is my favourite niece?" Luciano cuddles her and tickles her stomach.