13

Chapter Thirteen| Ava
*sensitive content*
One week later

"Kaden, I am fine. I'm literally doing some food shopping." I tell the overprotective man down the phone, whilst holding my basket of food.

"I'm always going to worry about you, Ava. You wouldn't need to do food shopping if you just moved in with me." He says and I know he probably rolled his eyes while saying it.

"Kaden, I'm hanging up now." I state.

"No baby, don't you da......" I hang up on him.

"Crazy man." I say to myself and put my phone into my bag and continue shopping.

My phone starts to ring again and I ignore it, however I already start to get pissed when it rings a second time. Without looking at the caller id, I answer it thinking it is Kaden.

"Kaden what do you want now?" I sigh but my eyes widen when I hear a voice that isn't my Kaden's.

"Kaden? This isn't Kaden, my sweet girl." Jamie says down the phone.

"What the fuck do you want?" I whisper yell down the phone.

"What do you think?"

"Jamie, leave me alone!"

"Sweet girl, I love you. I'm gonna get you back, even if that means I have to kill that man you are seeing, his daughter too." My blood runs cold.

"Jamie don't you da......." He hangs up on me.

Now I know how Kaden probably felt.

I decide to call Kaden and tell him what just happened.

He answers on the first ring.

"Oh, look who it is. The woman who decided to hang up on her man." He jokes and I roll my eyes.

"Kaden, cut the jokes. I just got a phone call from Jamie and I'm worried he's going to hurt you and Lily." I inform him as I walk over to the self checkout and start scanning my items.

"How the fuck has he got your number?!"

"Daddy, bad word." I hear Lily say in the background, making me smile.

"Sorry darling." He apologises. "Where are you? I'll come and pick you up."

"Kaden did you not hear what I said? He threatened to hurt you and Lily, I don't want that to happen." I sigh and pick up my shopping bags with one hand, after paying for everything and walk out of the supermarket.

"What are you telling me?" He growls out. "You really wanna watch what you say next, baby."

"I don't want to be the reason that something bad happens to you and Lily, I really care about you two. I don't want to get you involved in my problems —"

"Shut the fuck up woman. Where are you?" That silences me.

"Tesco." I rush out and then he hangs up.

Ten minutes later I'm in his car, we haven't moved off yet, nothings been said and all he is doing is glaring at me.

"You gonna go?" I ask, looking forward.

"You gonna tell me what you were going to say down the phone before I cut you off?" He retorts, grabbing my chin and turning my head so I have to face him.

"I just don't think it's smart for you to deal with my problems when you have a daughter to think of." I admit to him.

"I care about you Ava, so trust me when I tell you this ex of yours will be dealt with. But I would prefer if you came to live with Lily and I. I need you with me and Lily needs you as well, we will go to your flat and pack the things you need and then we will sort what else you need to move, on a later date." He then starts the engine and begins to drive.

My mouth hangs open at what he just said to me.

"Fine." I whisper and go back to facing the front.

"Good girl." I side eye him and see him smirk.

***

"Avey!" Lily beams, running up to me. I reach down and lift her up.

"Hey sweetie." I start tickling her stomach, making her squeal.

"I missed you so, so much." She says while burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"I missed you too." I kiss her cheek and then put her down. She continues to look up at me with her bright brown eyes, I look over at Kaden and see him smiling at both of us.

"Ava I need to talk to you in my office, Lily we won't be long." Lily runs off, probably to go and play with her toys and I follow Kaden into his office.

"This ex of yours." Kaden starts, his face scrunches up in disgust just mentioning I have an ex. "What's his surname?"

"Silver." I go to sit on the chair opposite his desk but he pulls me over to his chair and sits me down so I am straddling his lap.

"What does he do for a job?" He questions, stroking the side of my thighs.

"I don't know." I whisper and he frowns.

"Baby, how can you not know?" He says in a gentle tone.

"He said that I didn't need to worry about what he does." I start to get nervous talking about him.

"Why did you split up? I mean I'm glad because now you're mine but what happened between you both?"

"He was a really angry man, he w-would lash out a lot." I look down and start to play with my fingers. "He used to hit me and one time it got really bad, he cut me with a knife." I lift my t-shirt up and show him my stomach.

"Baby." He breathes out in disbelief and runs his finger along the scar. "I'm so sorry this happened to you my sweet baby."

"I had to leave before he killed me b-but he said he had these connections and that he'd always find me. He was always unaware when he lashed out, it was almost as if something took over his body." My eyes begin to water at the bad memories. "Charlie helped me out a lot, we bought the flat together and he looked after me. This is the first time I've seen and heard from Jamie in two years."

"You've got me now, baby. I'm going to look after you." He pulls me into a passion filled kiss. "So gorgeous, you are." He pulls away and smirks at me.

Kaden

"Stop." She smiles.

"I'm gonna remind you every single day." I peck her lips one more time. "Now I need to make a phone call, you and Lily can order a takeaway." I stroke her thigh and then she climbs off of my lap.

"Okay." She whispers.

She is so fucking perfect.

Once she has left my office I dial a number I didn't think I would ever dial again. After a couple rings the person answers the phone.

"The fuck do you want?!"

💛