4

Chapter Four| Ava

We arrive at Kaden's and I run up to the door to see that it is already open, Charlie follows after me. I run up to Lily's room. "Lily?!" I call out for her once I enter her room. I see her crawl out from under her bed and she runs over to me, tears staining her little cheeks.

"Avey!" She whimpers and I pick her up, she buries her face in the crook of my neck and continues to sob.

I then start to focus on the yelling. "You are not fucking taking her away from me!" I hear Kaden shout, making Lily flinch in my arms.

"I don't want daddy to be sad!" Lily cries.

"Shhh, it's okay sweetie." I stroke her hair.

I go and put her into bed but she refuses to let go of my neck. "No!" She whimpers.

"It's okay, I'm just going to see if your daddy is okay." I gently pry her arms from around my neck.

"No, stay!" She cries even harder and the shouting from downstairs gets even louder. I turn to Charlie who looks at me worriedly.

"Do you want me to go?" He whispers and I instantly shake my head.

"If he see's you, you will probably end up making things worse. No offence." I give him a tight lipped smile, to which he just nods.

"Lily, do you know who your daddy is shouting at?" I sit next to her and she cuddles into my side, wrapping her small arms around me and resting her head on my stomach.

"Uncle Raymond." She whimpers.

"Is that your daddy's brother?"

She shakes her head. "My mummy's." She then slowly falls asleep.

I look at Charlie and he frowns at me. I slowly stand up, not wanting to wake Lily up.  Charlie and I then make our way out of her room.

I follow the sound of Kaden's yelling. "You think you can just come here and take my little girl away from me. You've got no fucking right, I am her father!"

"I don't think Beth would have wanted her in your care, considering you ruined her life." I hear another man's voice which is obviously Lily's uncle.

"I don't give a shit about what Beth would of wanted, now get out of my fucking house!" Kaden snarls.

I watch a bald black man walk out of his office, he is too angry to see me and speed walks out of the house, slamming the door behind him.

I turn to Charlie. "Wait in the kitchen." Before he can protest I make my way into Kaden's office. He's sat in his office chair but he is facing the other way looking out the window.

"Kaden?" He spins around quickly and looks at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here, Angel?" He stands up.

"Lily called me. She's really shaken up, Kaden, she was so scared." He sighs and throws his head back.

"Shit." He throws himself back in the chair and rests his elbows on the wooden desk.

"You want to talk about it?" I move forward slowly and sit in the chair in front of him.

"Lily's uncle wants to take her away from me. He thinks she's isolated from having a bigger family when she's with me." He scoffs and picks up a glass what looks to have whiskey in it. He takes a massive gulp and then looks at me. "Where is my little girl?"

"Sleeping, the crying must of tired her out." I sigh.

"You didn't walk here did you?" He frowns at me and slowly puts down the glass.