24

Chapter Twenty Four| Ava

"Stay here, Ava." He tells me sternly and I shake my head.

"What happens if Lily is hurt?!"

He sighs. "You stay behind me." I nod and follow him out of the bathroom. Slowly walking down the stairs, I feel my heart start to pound at the thought of our Lily being hurt.

"Who the fuck is that on my floor?" Kaden booms, making me jump. I peak round his back and spot a random man on the floor.

"Kaden, he got through security, knocked them out cold. He's not dead but just give me the word and I'll snap his neck." Ruben, shakes his arms and looks at Kaden.

"Take him downstairs." Kaden demands, he then turns to look at me. "Can you go and check on Lily."

"What are you going to do with him?" I tilt my head and look to the man that has a bullet in his leg.

"Get some answers." Kaden shrugs and then goes to kiss me on the forehead but I move back a little. He gives me a hurt look and then turns to walk away.

I walk into the living room and see Lily and Aleksio asleep. I smile at how cute they look.

Kaden

I watch Elijah and Ruben interrogate the unwanted intruder. My mind elsewhere.

My Ava.

The shit I said to her yesterday was unforgivable. Now I can feel her distancing herself from me, she wouldn't even let me kiss her on the forehead.

That woman is my everything and if ever lost her I don't know what I would do with myself. Lily has got so attached to her, I'm scared how she'd reacted if Ava walked out on us because of something stupid I did.

"Boss?" I look up from my thoughts and see Elijah looking at me, a frown on his face. "You alright?" He walks up to me and pats me on the shoulder.

"Just thinking." I nod. "What's he saying?" I nod to the beat up man tied to the metal chair.

"Nothing." Elijah sighs in frustration.

"Give me those." I point to the knuckle dusters on the table. Elijah picks them up and hands them to me, a smirk on his face, knowing what I'm about to do.

Whilst putting them on, I walk up to the man, cracking my neck. "Look at me." He looks up, his left eye swollen shut. "Now I'm gonna be nice to begin with, all you need to do is answer a few questions. "Who the fuck are you working for?" I snarl.

"Fuck you." He then spits on my shoes. I punch him square in the face, he lets out a loud yell, his breathing heavy. "They're coming for you Kaden. You and your stupid fucking daughter."

He's crossed the line.

"Ruben, give me a knife." He hands me a knife and I grab hold of the mans face. "Don't you ever talk shit about my daughter!" I drag the knife down his face, his screams of pain, making me smile. "Now. Who. The. Fuck. Do. You. Work. For?" I growl and stab the knife in his leg.

"Fuck!" He yells, actual tears running down his cheeks. "R-Raymond and Jamie." He cries, slumping his head.

"Well that didn't take long, did it?" I clap my hands. "So you're telling me, those two muppets are working together?" He gives a small nod.

"Ava." I just about hear him whisper and my blood starts to boil. "Raymond's helping Jamie kill Ava, finish the job."

Finish the job.