8

Chapter Eight| Ava

My eyes flutter open and my eyes widen when I feel a weight on my chest and arms around my waist. I look down and see Kaden literally cuddling me like I'm about to disappear, his head rests on my chest and I smile at how cute he looks.

I run my fingers through his hair which makes him moan a little but he's still asleep.

The bedroom door slowly opens and Lily peaks her head through the gap, while clutching on to her teddy bear. "Avey!" She smiles once she sees me. Lily runs over and I help her up onto the bed, I struggle a little because of Kaden practically laying on top of me.

"Daddy is squashing you." Lily giggles and lays next to me, her head resting on my pillow.

"He is." I smile back.

"Nanny and grandad want to see you." My heart starts to race at the thought of meeting Kaden's parents.

"N-now?" I raise my eyebrows and she nods.

"I told them you are nice, don't worry." She gets up and climbs off of the bed and then holds her hand out for me. I slowly pull away from Kaden, earning a groan from him and then he flips over and continues to sleep.

"I look bad, Lily." I whisper and then look down at Kaden's large t shirt that luckily falls bellow my knees. I quickly throw on a pair of Kaden's joggers which I find — I roll the waist quite a few times and even then they still don't fit.

"You look pretty, Avey. Like a princess." She smiles brightly and then pulls me out of the bedroom and downstairs towards the kitchen.

We enter the kitchen and I smile when I see Kaden's parents.

"This must be the famous, Ava. My name is Gina and this is my husband Antonio." His mother smiles brightly at me and pulls me into a hug.

"Hello." I say awkwardly, making her giggle.

"Kaden talks about you so much on the phone. So you're his girlfriend, sì?" His father walks over to me and hugs me.

I pull away and shake my head, they both frown, including Lily.

"We are just friends." I give a tight lipped smile.

"So friends just go on romantic dates and then cuddle each other in bed." My eyes widen at Gina's comment.

"H-How do you know that?"

"My gorgeous granddaughter is our little spy." Antonio picks Lily up, making her squeal.

"I spy!" She says and giggles after.

"Where is my son by the way?" Gina furrows her eyebrows.

"Right here, Mama." I turn around and see Kaden standing at the kitchen entrance, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"My baby." She walks over to him and pulls him into a hug, he has to crouch down a little so she can wrap her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you've found yourself a woman to look after you and Lily."

My eyes widen and I look at Kaden who is smirking at me over his mother's shoulder.

"I've found an Angel. Haven't I Mama?" He pulls away and smiles down at her.

"Honey, we should get going our flight is in a few hours."

They've only been here a day.

"You're going back to Italy already?" Kaden frowns but Gina shakes her head.

"Your father is taking me to the Caribbean." She grins, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Oh right, how nice." Kaden playfully rolls his eyes and walks over to his dad and takes Lily out of his arms.