33

Chapter Thirty Three| Ava

"She didn't make it." I spin my head around and face Luciano. A frown is etched on his face.

"What?"

"She didn't make it to the toilet." He holds Lily away from him and I stare down at her wee stained trousers. She whimpers and looks at me with watery eyes.

"Come here, baby girl." She reaches out for me, I take her out of Luciano's hold and she buries her face in the crook of my neck.

"I really think she needs to see a therapist." Luciano voices his concern and I nod my head, stroking Lily's back.

"I'm going to give her a bath." I whisper and turn around, making my way to the bathroom.

I start to run the bath, I put Lily down but she decides to clutch on to my leg.

My poor girl is absolutely traumatised. I crouch down so I am eye level with her. "Speak to me, baby." I smile gently. Her lips tremble and she throws her little arms around my neck.

"Uncle Raymond hurt me, mummy." She cries into my neck and I can't help but cry with her.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, Lily. I promise he won't hurt you anymore, mummy's going to
keep you safe." She pulls back and nods her head. "I love you."

She gives a small smile. "I love you too, Mama." She reaches up on her tip toes and kisses my cheek. "I'm sorry I peed myself." She blushes and looks down.

"Don't worry, princess, everyone's done it." I start to undress her and then place her in the soapy water. She giggles as I put some bubbles on her nose.

"Mummy, when is daddy coming home?" She whispers gently.

This is the question I've been dreading.

"I'm not too sure, but we are hoping soon." It's the only answer I can really give her.

Diavol is doing everything he can to get him out of there but I'm worried that it might not be enough.

"Are you okay mummy?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Lily's question.

Well apart from the fact that Kaden is in prison, my supposed best friend actually hated me, I made a promise to a woman to eat me out and I'm pregnant.....

"I'm fine, baby." I smile.

***

"Well, Kaden isn't in any ordinary prison, he's in a really high security prison and I'm talking high." Diavol sighs, he looks absolutely tired. When he heard about Elena being stabbed he went crazy; he really does care about her. "He wants to see you, Ava."

I nod my head, slowly. "Can we visit him today?" Diavol nods his head, putting away all the legal documents.

"I will have to go with you." He informs me.

"If he's guilty, what could he get?" I whisper, running my hand through my hair.

"Fifteen to twenty five years." I fall back against my chair, a shaky breath escaping my lips. "But don't worry, Ava. I will do everything to get him out, like I said, I'm only a part time lawyer." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Diavol, Kaden is being charged for the murder of Beth, I know he didn't do it but they've got evidence that has his DNA all over it. Also, Raymond's fucking dead, so how are we going to prove that Kaden didn't do it?" I close my eyes and sigh in frustration.

"I know people working on the inside, don't worry about it." He winks and then gets up, leaving the room.

"Mummy." Lily runs into the room and wraps herself around my leg. She is constantly at my side now, she won't really talk to anyone but me.