34

Chapter Thirty Four| Ava

"You seem to be on edge." Ruben says next to me.

Kaden's being released today. The investigation isn't finished but there's been some changes.

"Excuse me." I cough and stand up, brushing my front. "I need to speak to Lily." I give him a tight lipped smile and make my way to Lily's bedroom.

I enter her room and spot her sat on her bed, playing with her hands.

"Hey, sweetie." I smile, closing the door behind me. She smiles as I make my way over to her. "Let me see your neck." She nods and lifts her head up. "It's looking better."

"Y-Yes." She whispers.

"Lily, baby, you can speak to me." I sit on the bed and place her on my lap.

"Uncle Raymond is b-bad and I have scary dreams." She rubs her glossy eyes.  "He hurt me here." She points at her small neck, which has a faint red mark. "A-And another bad man but he g-got away before you came to s-save me." My heart stops.

"He can't hurt you anymore, Lily. When daddy gets back, we can go and talk to a doctor. He can make you better, take away those scary dreams." I kiss her forehead and she agrees. I'm also going to have to tell Kaden about this other man.

"I've missed daddy."

So did I.

Until I spoke to him a couple days ago.

"Ava, you're not ready?!" I look and see Elena standing by the door.

"Go, go, go, mummy." Lily smiles and tries to push me off her bed.

"Okay!" I get up and walk out of her room, Elena follows close behind me.

I have a quick shower and put a blue dress on with a low neck line. As I walk out of the bathroom and into my bedroom, I spot Elena sat on the bed.

"Fuck me." She breathes out and looks me up and down, she then falls back on the bed. "Come on, sit on my face."

"Elena, stop." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "I had to tell him." I confess to her and watch her sit up and look at me in shock.

"Ava, why would you do that?!" She throws her hands up and then faces plants a pillow screaming into it. She takes a minute and then gets up. "Now what's the fun in all this." She huffs.

"Elena." I whisper. "Go and get ready." I point to the door and watch her walk out.

***

"Ruben, you want to sit next to me?" He gives me a smile and then shakes his head. I then turn to Elijah but he shakes his head before I can ask.  

We are all in a top end restaurant and I'm anxiously waiting for Kaden's arrival. "Ava, babe, you okay?" Elena questions from across the table.

"I'm fine." I give her a tight lipped smile and then focus on Lily, who is sat quietly next to me.

"You okay, baby?" I stroke her hair, she looks up at me and nods.

"I'm okay, mummy." She whispers and then rubs her head against my arm.

"Wine?" Ruben questions and I furrow my eyebrows. "Oh shit, sorry, sorry." He blushes and places the expensive looking bottle down.

I look at the empty seat beside me and feel my heart start to beat quicker.

"Mrs Morello?" I face little Aleksio and smile but it quickly falls when I see the sad look on his little face. "Does Lily not like me anymore?" He looks over at the little girl, who is paying no attention to anyone.

"Sweetie, she still likes you. She's just a little sad at the moment, she's not herself." Aleksio's lips start to tremble and he looks over at Lily with watery eyes.

"Hey, don't cry little man." Ardian picks his son up and sits him on his lap.

"But Lily's sad." Aleksio whimpers.

"Lily will be okay, little man." Ardian continues to calm Aleksio down and I go back to looking around the restaurant for one certain individual.

A small gasp escapes my lips when I see him walk in.

Kaden doesn't even look like he's just got out of prison. He's in a crisp black suit and his hair is neatly tied back in a man bun, Luciano is next to him and walks in smirking at me.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mutter under my breath, my knee bouncing up and down.

"Mama, bad words." Lily scolds me, she is yet to realise her father is here but when she eventually does she squeals and holds her hands out for him.

He smiles brightly and makes his way over to her, lifting her out of her seat. "Hey, my little princess." He coos, kissing her cheeks.

"I missed you daddy." She beams and places her little hand on his cheek.

He spots the faint red mark on her neck and I watch his jaw clench. "I missed you too, princess." Kaden kisses her forehead and then places her back down on the chair.

Then his eyes raise to me.

"Baby." He greets and makes his way to the empty chair on my right. He leans down so his lips brush my ear. "I've missed you."

"I need to go to the toilet." I excuse myself from the table and rush into the ladies. Even the toilets look expensive.

I walk into a bathroom stall and slam the door, resting my back against it. I've never felt this nervous around Kaden before.

"You look sexy, Angel." I jump in fright when I hear Kaden's voice, echo through the room. "Did you wear that for me? Or my sister?" I look up at the ceiling and whisper a small prayer.

"I wore it for myself." I gulp and clench my eyes shut.

"Open the door baby." He knocks on the cubicle door and I jump back. "Open the door for daddy."

Shit.

"You shouldn't even be in h-here." I stuttered. I slowly build up the courage and open the door, Kaden looks down at me and smiles.

He walks backwards until he is leaning against the sinks. "Come here, Angel." He beckons me over, I walk over to him slowly, the sounds of my heels filling the room.

He lifts his hand and places it gently on my cheek. "I love you." He whispers and leans down to kiss my forehead. "I thought I'd never see you again, they got us good, didn't they?" He smirks.

I nod my head and rest my hands on his chest. "You look nice."

"Nice?" He frowns playfully. "Just nice? Baby, what I'm about to do to you now, I'm gonna be more than fucking nice."

"What?!" I squeal when he picks me up and places me on the sink, he bunches the bottom of my dress up to my hips. "Kaden, someone could walk in!"

"Makes it better, right." He winks and starts to unbuckle the belt around his suit trousers. "Thrill of being caught." He pulls my pants to the side and slides into me. "Fuck!"

I moan and throw my head back as he starts to fuck me. I wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm back now, Angel. I'm gonna make things right." He pants, looking into my eyes.

"I love you, Kaden." I breathe out and rest a hand on his cheek. He leans down and kisses me passionately.

***

"Did you two just fuck in the toilet?" Luciano asks, whilst he covers Lily's ears and Ardian covers Aleksio's.

"No."

"Yes."

I glare at Kaden, who simply gives me an innocent smile.

We all continue with our meals and small talk but the whole table goes silent when we hear Lily's scream.

"Princess!" Kaden picks her up, as she starts to cry. However her attention isn't on any of us but a man stood by the entrance of the restaurant.

💛