30

Chapter Thirty| Ava

"Want some orange juice, Ava?" Elena smirks, holding out a glass to me.

I glare at her and look away. Kaden frowns at the both of us.

"Come on baby, let's go to bed." I get up from the chair and follow him out of the kitchen, not before casting another glare to Elena.

I get ready for bed and wait for Kaden to get in next to me.

"Ava, you okay? You've just been staring into nothing." I blink and look at Kaden, he's standing at the foot of the bed, in his boxers.

I just stare at him dumbfounded.

"Baby!"

I blink again.

"Something you tell to." I blurt out and then frown at the jumbled words. "Shit, shit, shit." I close my eyes and rest my head against the headboard.

"Ava, you're worrying me." He frowns and comes round to sit beside me.

"Sorry." I give him a tight lipped smile. "I have something to tell you." I say, nervously.

"Okay. What is it?" He frowns but reaches up to stroke my hair.

"I'm pregnant." I look away from him and hear him suck in a deep breath.

"Really?" He whispers and I look at him to see a bright smile on his face. "We're having a baby!" He beams and pulls me into a tight hug.

"You're happy?" I frown.

"Yes! Baby, why would I not be happy?" This time he frowns.

"With everything that's going on, it's the wrong time to have a baby." I sigh.

Kaden grabs hold of both my hands and smiles at me. "I've been wanting you to be pregnant for ages." My eyes widen at his comment. "Thank the Lord." His smile widens and he falls back on the bed.

This man!

"Motherfucker!" I hit him on the head. However, I struggle to keep a straight face and smile along with him. "You're such an idiot, Kaden!"

"How did you know?" He turns his head and rests his hand on my stomach.

"Well beside from all the unprotected sex, your sister sussed it out and then I ended up throwing up because Lily was trying to shove orange juice down my throat." I laugh.

"She's gonna be so happy." Kaden beams. "Well that is one down, three more to go!" He rubs his hands together.

"Fuck. Off."

"Now, I want to be inside you." Kaden climbs on top of me.

"Seriously, Kaden!" He ignores me and starts pulling down my pants. "It's always sex with you." He grins and sinks into me.

***

Kaden and I went to the doctors and I'm five weeks pregnant.

Now we have to tell Lily.

She sits innocently in front of us. She swings her little legs back and forth and looks at us curiously.

"So, you know how you told daddy, you wanted a brother and sister?" She nods. "Well mummy has your brother or sister in her stomach."

She gasps. "You ate my brother or sister!" I shake my head and glare at Kaden.

"No, mummy is going to have a baby and he or she is going to live and grow in my stomach for nine months." She nods again.

"I want a brother." She smiles and stands up from the chair. "Can I touch your belly?" I smile and nod.

She rests her little hands on my stomach. "Is your belly going to get big?"

"Yes, sweetie." She looks up at me with wide eyes.

"Can I ask another question?" This time she looks at Kaden, he nods his head and leans a little closer to her.

"Of course, baby girl." He strokes her hair.

"How are babies made?" She smiles.

"I'll leave you to it." I wink at him and get up to leave.

***

With everything going on, I completely forgot that we still have Beth.

Except, now she's dead.

She died from a heart attack.

"Do you ever get this feeling that something bad is about to happen? Something really, really bad." I furrow my eyebrows and look at Elena.

"Elena, I honestly did not think I'd ever hear you say something like that." I say nervously.

"We haven't heard from Jamie and Raymond in a couple weeks. Does that not seem weirdly suspicious? It's like they are planning something, right under our fucking nose." She rubs her head in frustration.

"Do you think there's someone here, working for them?" She shakes her head.

"Someone was here and now they're dead. That bitch, Beth, was right under our roof and then dies of a heart attack. She roamed around this house once, managed to escape from downstairs." Elena explained. "She did something, she came here for another reason." Elena then gets up and starts searching round the house.

"Elena, I don't understand what you're getting at!" I get up and follow after her. She starts to pull draws open and look behind picture frames.

"Ava, babe, I've got a bad feeling and when that happens I'm usually alway right."

"What are you looking for?" I start looking around as well for anything suspicious.

"Something that could get Kaden sent down for many years! Fuck, maybe all of us, apart from you and the kids." She panics.

She actually panics.

This is bad.

"Elena, you are really worrying me." I feel my heart start to race.

"Well please stop worrying, it's not good for the baby." She says whilst continue to search the whole house.

"How can I not?! You just said there might be something in this house that could get Kaden sent down!" I throw my hands up.

"What could send me down?" I jump and spin around when I see Kaden frowning at the both of us. I look at Elena and let her do the speaking.

"I think we should have kept more of an eye on Beth." Elena speaks up and Kaden frowns at his sister. "She was sent here by Raymond and Jamie, she was working for them. Raymond wants you gone Kaden, is this not adding up in your head."

"Fuck! Get everyone searching this house, Elena!" I jump at his outburst.

Elena gets everyone searching the house, whilst I stand in the hallway with Lily in my arms.

"Mummy, I'm scared." She whispers.

"It's okay, sweetie, I've got you." I kiss her forehead and stroke her hair.

"Is little baby okay?" She questions, tilting her head.

"Yes, baby girl." I smile at her and then look around again at all the men, searching the house.

I spot Kaden, he smiles and starts to make his way over to us.

However, before he can reach us the front door is smashed open and a load of policemen run in holding their guns up at Kaden.

"Daddy!" Lily screams.

"No, no, no." I whisper, my eyes starting to water.

"Get on your knees and put your hands behind your head, Morello." Kaden complies and gets on his knees.

He looks at me and smiles gently. "It's okay." He mouthes.

I frantically shake my head.

"Kaden Morello, you're under arrest."

💛