19

Chapter Nineteen| Ava

"She's not coming in the house." Matvey says to Kaden down the phone, as I wait in the back seat.

I can hear Kaden's deep voice questioning Matvey.

"Give me the phone, Matvey." He passes the phone back to me and smirks.

"Kaden, I've come to see Lily and then I'll be on my way." I tell him, my head raised high.

"No, you've come to see me as well as our Lily." He protests.

Our Lily.

"I've just come to see Lily and make sure she's okay. I've told you Kaden, I want some time to think." I sigh, resting my elbow on the car door.

"Thinking leads to overthinking, baby. I don't want you doing that." He responds.

I look out the window and see he is standing at the front door, a frown on his face.

"A couple days, Kaden." I plead with him and I see his face scrunch up.

"Stay here, Matvey." I instruct and then get out the car.

I storm up the stairs towards the front door and walk past Kaden.

"Lily!" I call out. She comes running to me.

"Avey!" She beams and smiles brightly at me, I pick her up and she kisses my cheek.

"Are you okay, sweetie? I don't like it when you cry." I pout and stroke her soft cheeks.

She giggles. "Daddy told me to cry, he said I should become an actress. But some of it was real cause I did miss you, Avey." I furrow my eyebrows and turn to glare at Kaden. He looks away in embarrassment and my blood starts to boil.

"Lily, Avey is going to be away for a couple days." She pouts and her eyes begin to water.

"Why? What about my birthday?" She whispers.

"I'll be back for your birthday, Lily." I smile and she nods.

"Okay, promise." She holds out her pinky.

I link my pinky with hers. "I promise, sweetie." I place her on her feet.

"Love you." She beams and then runs off.

I then walk to Kaden and shove him back, but he barely moves. "You really going to use your daughter like that?!" I snap, he rolls his eyes and just glares back at me.

"I'm just worried that you'd decide not to come back, I apologise." He throws his hands up in frustration.

"Two fucking days, Kaden! You're telling me you can't live without me for two bloody days?!" This time I throw my hands up.

"No, I don't think I can." He sighs and then the room is left in silence. "Fuck!" He turns his back to me and grabs hold of his hair.

"Kaden." I sigh.

"Ever since the first time I saw you freaking out and talking to yourself outside my house, I've been smitten with you. Seeing your beautiful face every time you came to babysit Lily made my heart race and then you'd go home and I'd feel so empty; so fucking lonely." He faces me again and walks up to me, I have to crane my neck to look up at him.

"I-..."

"I fucking love you, Ava. You and Lily are my absolute world, you're the reason I look forward to waking up in the morning. I'd do absolutely anything for you, my beautiful lady.

So to answer your question again, no I can't live without you for two fucking days." Then he smashes his lips on mine, he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.