23

Chapter Twenty Three| Ava

"Ava, baby?" I ignore Kaden and continue to make breakfast for Lily and Aleksio. "You slept in the guest room last night." He mumbles.

Is this man being serious? Did he catch a case of amnesia?

"Lily? Aleksio? You still want chocolate chips in your pancakes?" I turn my head to look at them.

"Yes, Avey." She smiles. Aleksio simply nods his head and smiles.

"I'm sorry." Kaden's voice cracks. He goes to reach out for me but stops when I flinch.

"Don't fucking touch me." I whisper, so only he can hear. I take a quick glance and see he is still in yesterday's clothing and I can smell the stench of alcohol on him. "Can't even clean yourself up, you stink!" I continue to whisper harshly.

"I didn't mean what I said last night, baby. Please forgive me." He pleads, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"You said what you said, Kaden." I roll my eyes and start to place pancakes on two plates.

"Do you actually hate me?" He questions, his voice sounding pained.

"You still talking?" I retort and I hear him suck in a breath. I walk over to Lily and Aleksio and give them their breakfast.

"Thank you, Mrs Morello." Aleksio beams.

"Just call me Ava, Aleksio." I smile and he nods.

"Avey?" Lily whispers and I look to her. She glances behind me, to look at her father and then looks back at me; a worried look on her face. "N-Nevermind." She looks down and starts to eat her breakfast.

I sigh.

"I'm just going to have a shower." I tell her and see her frown.

"Okay A-Avey." She whispers and my heart clenches.

I turn around and make my way out of the kitchen, Kaden hot on my heels. I walk up the stairs, getting closer to the bathroom, but the annoying man stops me.

"Ava."

"Leave me alone!" I turn around and shove him back. "Look at the state of you, Kaden! You're a fucking mess. You think I'm going to forgive you for the way you treated me last night?" I throw my hands up in the air.

Luciano then walks out of his room, a confused look on his face. "What's going on?"

"Ask your brother." I cross my arms over my chest, Kaden just stands dumbfounded in front of me.

Luciano holds his hands up and makes his way towards us. "I'm sure we can sort this out, whatever is going on between the two of you." He stands in between us, I continue to glare at Kaden.

I scoff. "You want to tell your brother what you said to me or should I do it?" I take his silence as an answer and turn to face Luciano. "He told me that Lily isn't my daughter and I understand she isn't by blood but she treats me like I'm her mother." I try to keep my tears at bay. "He assumed my own parents were still alive but he didn't seem to care when I told him they died a couple years ago and I had no one apart from Charlie to help me get through it."

"I didn't me....."

Luciano cuts him off. "Shut the fuck up. Fucking hell, Kaden." Luciano rubs the stubble on his face. "Why would you say that?"

"I'd been drinking, I was upset. I promise I didn't mean to say anything so cruel." Kaden steps forward a little, his eyes pleading with me. "Please, baby. I'm sorry."