40

Chapter Forty| Ava

2 months later

"What would you do if I said no?" I question Kaden as I burp Liam who babbles on my chest.

"What?!" I turn to Kaden who is sat up on the bed, furrowing his eyebrows. "Ava, I'm really going to pretend you did not just ask me that." He rolls his eyes and then falls back on the bed.

"Like I could actually walk down that aisle and just be like, ew no." I tease him and he shoots up again.

"Ew no?! The fuck you mean by ew no?!" He growls, giving me a dirty look and I can't help but laugh.

I laugh even harder when our little baby boy laughs with me. Kaden can't help but grin as well.

"I'm joking by the way, before you decide to go all cave man on our big day." I wink and he smiles.

"Come here, baby." He whispers and then sits on the edge of the bed. I walk up to him and sit on his lap.

"Hey, you little devil." He coos at our son. "Taking all of mummy's attention you are, bad enough that your big sister does that." He tickles his little belly.

I scoff at Kaden's petty behaviour. "We're getting married in three days." I whisper and raise one arm to wrap around his neck as I hold Liam in my other arm.

"Hmmmm." He kisses my lips.

"My Hen Do is tonight." I feel him tense underneath me.

"No." He shakes his head and then I get up from his lap and put Liam in his cot.

"Kaden, I'm going out, I haven't had a night out since forever!" I turn back to face him and see he has a scowl on his face.

"Ava, you were in surgery not long ago, you nearly fucking died!" I sigh at his words and make my way over to him to straddle his lap. "Scariest fucking moment of my life, baby." He rests his head in between my breasts and I thread my hands through his hair.

"I'll be with Elena, I'll be fine." I kiss his forehead and he releases a low growl.

"That's literally a disaster waiting to happen." He looks up at me and eventually smiles. "Just know, I'll be calling you every half an hour." I recoil back a little.

"Kaden, no." I protest.

"Fine, every hour or I'll be going out with you." He casually shrugs, pinching my hips.

"Mmm." I mumble, knowing it's going to be no use arguing with him. "Plus, I'm going to try and get Elena to spill where she disappeared to." I wink and watch him roll his eyes.

A couple hours later and I'm getting ready, while Kaden sulks.

"Fucking hell, baby. You trying to kill me off?" Kaden groans as I finish getting ready for my night out with Elena. "Come sit on my face."

"No, cause you saying shit like that was the reason why I got pregnant. I've decided to go on the pill anyway." I roll my eyes at him whilst putting my heels on. "I know you're already thinking about getting me pregnant again, I can tell by the way you're looking at me."