31

Chapter Thirty One| Ava

My ears start to ring.

What the fuck is going on?!

"Y-You can't do this! What are you even charging him for?!" I cry out as I watch them drag him out.

"Angel, it's okay, please stop worrying. It's not good for the baby." Kaden pleads with me as he is walked out.

"Mummy, where are they taking daddy?!" Lily whimpers in my arms.

"Don't worry, sweetie." I rub her back and go to find Elena.

"Miss Spencer?" I spin around and see a detective walking up to me. She has a cold look on her face.

"Why are you arresting him?!" I frown at her.

"For the murder of Beth Jenson." My eyes widen.

"She died of a heart attack!" I argue with her.

"Because of bad drugs, Mrs Spencer. We are right to believe that your partner was the one that killed her. We have a warrant to search this house for possible evidence." I can't believe what I am hearing.

"Get the fuck off me!" I spin my head round and watch Luciano and Elena get dragged out by police officers. Elena has to be held down by two officers, she looks at me and winks.

She winks!

"It's okay, Ava. I'll be back." She calls out.

"Why are you doing this?!" I turn back to the detective.

"We've had an anonymous tip, Kaden isn't the only person we want to take down." My eyes begin to water as I see everything fall apart in front of me. "We want the whole family, Miss Spencer."

"No!" I whimper and tighten my arms around Lily.

"Mummy." Lily clutches onto my neck, tightly.

"This is Kaden's daughter?" She nods at Lily.

"She's our daughter." I spit, feeling my anger rise.

"She is not your daughter biologically, Miss Spencer and as you and Kaden are not married, you are not her legal guardian." My heart drops.

"She has no one else! I'm all she has right now." I step away from the woman.

"You've just watched her father get arrested, along with her auntie and uncle." I shake my head, as the tears start to fall. "There is someone that has rights to her care."

"Don't say it!" I plead with her.

"Raymond Jenson."

***

"Mummy! Don't let them take me, please, Mummy!"

I clench my eyes shut.

"Miss Spencer, we will have to use force if you don't let us take Lily."

The tears won't stop falling.

"She's pregnant. Ava, I know this is hard but we will get her back." Ardian and Elijah, plead.

"She's my daughter!"

"I know, sweetheart. But if we want her back we need to comply with the social workers."

She's gone.

The look on her face, made my heart clench.

I've let Kaden down.

Yet again.

"Miss Ava?" I look to my left and see Aleksio walking in with one of Lily's teddy bears.

I quickly wipe the tears from my face and give him a tight lipped smile. "Yes, sweetie?"

"Where is Lily?" He whispers and looks up at me with his wide, blue eyes.

"She's gone on a little trip, she'll be back soon." I lie and stroke his hair.

"I miss her."

So do I.

"Ava?" I look up and see Ruben. "That detective is here to see you." I pick Aleksio up and hand him over to Ruben, who looks at the child as if he's an alien.

I make my way down the stairs and see her standing at the front door. "What do you want?"

"May I come in?" She has the audacity to ask.

"I think you've intruded on my property enough, don't you think?" I tilt my head, she gives a tight lipped smile and nods her head.

"Fine, we'll do this down at the station then."

***

"Kaden hasn't done anything wrong, you've given our daughter to a man that is pure evil!" I glare across at the detective.

She slides over an evidence bag that has what looks to be cocaine in it. "We found this, in one of Kaden's suit jackets. Kaden's not going anywhere, Miss Spencer."

"What about Luciano and Elena Morello?" I turn my head and frown when I see Diavol. "You have them because you hold a grudge against the family and that seems to be it." He fixes his suit and takes a seat next to me.

The detective gives Diavol a dirty look, I even see her eye twitch.

"Tell me, Detective Collins. Why are they here? What charges?" He leans back on his chair and smirks.

She looks away and clenches her jaw.

"Keep Kaden-" I whip my head to look at him. "-release Elena and Luciano who are innocent. You have no evidence of them committing a crime, so you're wasting a cell."

"You..." Diavol cuts her off.

"I want Lily brought back as well." He pulls out a piece of paper from his suit pocket and lays it out on the table. "This clearly states who would be under Lily's care if something was to happen to Kaden. What you've done is very much illegal, Detective, considering Ava's name is on that list." A sigh escapes my lips.

"I-You..." She begins to stutter and then glares at me. "We will bring Kaden down!" She stands up abruptly and storms out of the conference room.

"Bitch." Diavol mutters.

"How did you do all of this?" I look at him in shock.

"Part time lawyer." He winks and stands up, and holds his hand out to me. "Now let's go."

***

"I was so fucking close to catching a case in that place!" Elena rants, throwing things around in the house. "I fucking knew that sketchy bitch set us up!"

"Elena, please calm down." I sigh. "We need to get Lily back. I'm trying to get in touch with the social worker but she's not answering her phone." I huff.

Then there's a knock at the door and I go to open it. "Jamie?" I gasp and step back into Elena.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He's clutching his stomach with his blood covered hand.

"Get the fuck out of here or I'll finish the job." Elena steps in front of me.

"He used me. Raymond, used me." He releases a shaky breath.

"What has he done?!" I clench my jaw and step towards him.

He gives me a sad look.

"Jamie!" I shove him back and he falls down onto the concrete floor.

"He's taken Lily."

💛