27

Chapter Twenty Seven| Ava

I watch Raymond walk in with a load of men. Much more than what we have, but my blood runs cold when I see Jamie.

"It's okay, baby." Kaden kisses the side of my head and holds onto my hand.

I blink and try to look anywhere but him, however I end up making eye contact with him and he smirks. My breathing starts to pick up, the smirk on his face makes me feel unsettled.

"Just ignore him, baby." Kaden tells me, I nod and look at Lily who is happily sipping the apple juice, the waiter brought over.

"Kaden!" Raymond smirks, walking over to us. "Don't you all look lovely. Little Lily-" I wrap my arm around her, protectively. "-and Ava, beautiful Ava."

"What the fuck do you want Raymond?" Kaden growls out, Raymond chuckles and then a dark look etches onto his face.

"Just come to wish you all a great night." He claps his hands together and then walks off. Jamie is last to leave, his eyes not leaving mine.

As the night goes on people begin to mingle with others. I'm still sat in the same place, too scared to move in case I bump into Jamie. He's been eyeing me from the table he's been sat at.

Kaden has had to talk with other unfamiliar faces.

"Mummy I need a toilet." I sigh.

"I'll take her." Elena says but Lily shakes her head.

"I want mummy to take me." Lily whines and I smile at Elena.

"It's okay." I pick Lily up and walk her to the ladies toilets. I cast a glance at Jamie and panic when I see him stand up, however I look back and see Elena eyeing him, which puts me at ease.

I walk into the toilet and place Lily on her feet. "You need help?" She shakes her head.

"Can you just hold the door for me, please?" I smile and nod my head.

After a few minutes Lily comes out of the cubicle. I have to lift her up so she can reach the sink to wash her hands.

"Thank you." She smiles.

We manage to make it back to the table fine. Luciano comes and sits next to me, a small smile on his face. "You okay?"

"Not really, I just want to go home." I give him a tight lipped smile. "Where's Kaden?"

"Talking to a few people, making a couple deals." I nod.

"I need some air. I'm struggling to breathe in this place." I release a shaky breath, starting to feel anxious.

"Matvey." Luciano calls, Matvey looks up and nods. "Ava needs some air, I need you to go with her." I don't argue, knowing Raymond and Jamie are around.

I see that Lily is talking to Aleksio and Ardian. So I make my way outside, Matvey following close behind me. I find a bench outside and sit down, releasing a sigh. Matvey stands a couple feet away from me, looking around for any threats.

"Why isn't Beth here?" I ask Matvey and he looks down at me.

"She's being guarded back at the house. Kaden's orders." He smiles at me. "You look lovely by the way." I smile at him.

"Thank you."

"Isn't it such a lovely evening." I jump and turn my head. Raymond is stood not too far from us, a smirk on his face. "You've left lover boy's side, I'm surprised."

"Stay back, Raymond." Matvey warns, stepping in front of me.

"I'm sorry about what Jamie did to your parent's." My heart drops at Raymond's comment.

"What?" I slowly stand up and look at him in shock.

"Kaden didn't tell you?" He pouts, an evil glint in his eyes. "Well, it was Jamie who killed your parent's, darling and it will be Jamie who kills you next."

"No." I whimper.

"Ava, Kaden's brought you and the family here, knowing full well my sister told him that I was planning something." He takes one step forward. "Now, there's one little person I want and there's one person Jamie wants. We can cooperate like adults or....well you wouldn't want to know what I've got planted in that building." He smirks and my heart starts to race.

"Shut the fuck up." Matvey barks out raising his gun ready to shoot but Raymond is quicker and before I know it he's pulled the trigger.

Matvey lies on the floor, blood pouring out of his head. I raise a shaky hand to my mouth, muffling my cries.

I look at Raymond and see him chuckling. "Now you're going to listen to me, Ava. You're going to walk into that building with me, give me my niece and hand yourself over to Jamie. If you fail to do this, you really won't like what happens next."

Tears pour out of my eyes. "Not Lily, please don't get Lily involved in this. I'll go with Jamie, just please leave her out of this." I plead with him but he shakes his head and walks up to me. He spins me around and shoves his gun into my back.

"Walk." I comply and walk with him into the building. Before we walk through the front doors I stomp my heel into his foot, making him groan and drop the gun. I pick his gun up and then knee him in his dick. "You bitch!" I panic and quickly shoot him in the shoulder; then run.

I run into the building. Elena is the first one to spot my distraught self, she stands up and makes her way over to me. "What's wrong?" She holds my face in between her hands and looks me up and down for any injurys.

"W-We need to leave, Elena. We need to g-go now!" My breathing is erratic and the tears continue to pour. "Raymond, he says there is something in this building. He wanted me to give myself up to Jamie and he wanted Lily. He killed Matvey!"

"Calm down." I breathe through my nose and nod my head. "Where is he now?" Her face hardens.

"I shot him outside but it was in the shoulder, I panicked! Please Elena, we need to get everyone out. I need to find Kaden, please find Lily and Aleksio, make sure they get out safe." She nods her head and I start to look around frantically for Kaden.

I spot him talking with Luciano. I run up to him, he sees me and smiles but that quickly drops. "Baby." He walks up to me and hugs me. "Baby, what's wrong?" He breathes out. I pull away and look at him with frightened eyes, I'm about to say something but pause when I see a red dot on the left side of his chest.

It's like everything goes silent.

Then suddenly, all I hear are screams.

Painful screams.

💛