Chapter Eight

"WHERE'S THE GIRL?" THOR DEMANDED DROPPING HIS MUDDY HAMMER ON STARK'S FLOOR. Tony rolled his eyes almost immediately, "It's 6 am she's not up genius. But at this rate, you're going to wake up the entire house with your storm."

Stark who was still in his pajama pants sighed annoyed at the presence of the God. "Her name is Nova Lee by the way."

Thor smiled at the human's name, she was named after a bright explosion in the sky that formed a new star. A Nova was a beautiful light in space that could be seen from Asgard. Thor remembered seeing the sky glow with a purple hew every few years when he was young.

"How is she?" The God asked after a while of thinking. "Well she won't stay off that damn leg, but everything else seems alright. She suffers from a bit of amnesia so she doesn't remember how she got injured. If you wanna explain that to her, be my guest but I don't see the harm in not telling her."

Tony looked to Thor who was staring at a magazine on the coffee table suspiciously. "She has no place to go so I'm at a loss here Blondie. If you have any great ideas do share."

Thor nodded setting the magazine back down on the table as Tony began to walk toward the hallway, "I got suit repairs to work on," he turned before leaving, "and please don't make yourself at home."

As Tony left Thor began to feel rather pathetic. The God didn't deserve to be King, he knew that now. His confidence had gotten to his head and perhaps made him think he was untouchable. But Thor decided it was time to do the right thing. This girl needed help, he figured he would start small by helping Nova before he could feel worthy of being King. Besides, Loki was locked up on Asgard and he needed a break from feeling responsible for his brother.

Thor began to hear noises close by, he immediately stood following the noise to a bedroom door. The God pushed open the door quietly taking in his surroundings. The room lacked color, the walls, and furniture all white. There was a bed in the middle of the room. Thor noticed a body in the bed that shifted around slightly. Her brown curls lay spread out on the silk pillowcase, her hand resting below her lip as her eyes remained closed.

Thor recognized the girl in the large white tee shirt as Nova. Her face was healed and clean of all dirt. As he drew closer he noticed the galaxy of freckles that covered the surface of her face. She grumbled in her sleep almost like she was having a bad dream. He wanted to wake her but instead, he stood back with armor still covering his body, watching the sweet girl.

Nova did not look like the other humans Thor had seen. He believed the creatures were plain with little change to their nature. Unlike Thor's light eyes, he remembered the girls to be earthly. All her features seemed to be that way. Regardless of her dark features, Thor still felt a type of softness to the girl.

As he glanced at her, he noticed her body began to shake. At first, it was lightly, but after a few seconds, her body thrashed wildly in bed. The God quickly rushed to the side of her bed as her body fell in his arms. With all the commotion Natasha and Bruce ran in. Bruce felt the pulse on her neck as she continued to shake in Thor's arms.

"What is happening to her!?" Thor yelled trying to keep a grip on her. "She's having a seizure, quickly move to the carpet. Don't try to hold her down just keep everything away from her," Bruce responded as Natasha helped Thor move Nova to her side on the rug.

"It's slowing down," Natasha stated calmly as Bruce counted the time in his head. The thrashing didn't last long as Nova's body went still again. Thor moved to her side stroking the strands of hair out of her face as he did after saving her from the river days before. She finally opened her mouth letting gasps escape her lips.

"You okay?" Natasha asked as Nova's eyes opened searching around frantically. She coughed slightly trying to sit up. "That hasn't happened since I was a kid," Nova stated knowing what had happened.

"Your concussion may have triggered it. Why don't we get you back in bed," Bruce said as Thor began to lift Nova's body from the floor.

"No!" Nova said quickly tapping the God's arm roughly. She could not remember where she had seen the blonde man before. But something about him made her uneasy. "I'm fine just stop fussing."

She was set onto her feet, her hands reaching for the vanity beside her for stability. "I'm good, alright? If you don't mind I'd like to be alone for a while." Nova didn't mean to sound harsh, but with all their worried looks she felt rather ashamed. She had caused them so many problems, and she didn't want to intrude on their lives anymore.

Natasha was the first to leave, "just call if you need anything," she stated as Banner nodded in agreement following her out. "Try to get some more rest, you don't want to put more stress on yourself," he stated with a soft smile.

Thor stayed back a while after they left, he watched the girl walk slowly back to the edge of her bed. "Thanks for uh, taking care of that," she said shyly looking up at the man's figure.

"You look familiar," she stated moving toward Thor. She glanced at his face noticing scars trailing along his skin. He had a big beard that covered most of his face, but his eyes were bright underneath all his blonde locks. Nova stood a footsteps distance from the large God. She raised her hand out slowly and put it in front of him. He stared questioningly at her extended palm.

"I'm Nova Lee," the brunette said flashing a small grin that showed off the dimples in her cheeks.

Thor recognized the gesture as a handshake and took the woman's hand gently in his, his large palm swallowing up hers in doing so. He mirrored her smile as he thought of the bright explosion occurring in the sky. How could Thor not think of that beautiful bright light and not think of her?

"The girl named after a new star."

"Almost as if you belong in the sky."

———

Don't forget to comment & vote!