Chapter Thirty-Five

NOVA'S MOTHER TAUGHT HER AN IMPORTANT LESSON WHILE GROWING UP. Always try to put yourself in another persons shoes before judging them. Because everyone is fighting their own battles and everyone deserves a second chance. This is what Nova told herself on the way to the great hall. Of course she could never mention to Thor that she was intentionally seeking out to see his maniac of a brother. But she needed answers. The stubborn girl needed to know if her sympathy for him was in fact misplaced.

So Nova Lee asked Dalla to take her on a grand tour after twirling around the mirror in her new gown. It was a beige color and really did nothing for the girl's skin tone, but she knew that would be the key to fitting in. Funny how being completely average wasn't hard for Nova back on earth but now she stuck out like a sore thumb.

It took convincing but Nova finally got Dalla away by promising her she would make it safely back to her room before Thor could even notice. But standing in front of the dark stairway that led down to the cells really had Nova questioning her own motives.

What would Thor think of her sneaking around his home while he was away at training? How would he ever be proud of the person she had become? It had only been one year since they had seen each other last, but in Nova's eyes everything was different. She no longer looked at life with the same anxious feeling. Her interior was colder than ever before and she hoped that with losing herself she wouldn't also lose Thor.

Each step down to the prison felt longer and longer. Multiple times during the trip down did Nova ask herself 'what the hell am I doing?' But nevertheless, she persisted. By the time she reached the bottom she noticed her mistake. Guards. Of course that was an obvious factor that seemed to slip her mind. She tried to remain cool headed immediately putting on her charm.

"Oh good, you are just the man I was looking to see," she said with a fake accent twirling a strand of fallen hair between her finger tips.

The guard turned swiftly raising an eyebrow at the tiny girl in front of him, "you are not meant to be down here my lady."

She took a step closer putting on a stern face, "oh but you see I am. I was sent down by Prince Thor, he hoped I would be able to question one of the men in these cells."

The man stood stiffly but lowered his weapon down slightly, "why would your majesty put a women on the job?"

It took everything in Nova's power not to roll her eyes at the Asgardians demeaning ways.

"Well the man did some horrid things to me, and I begged the Prince to allow me to see him to get the justice I deserve."

In fear that her lie wasn't enough she let out a sniffle and wiped her already dry eyes, "I would ask for your assistance in finding the man but I just can't dare speak his name after all the pain I have endured. If you could just let me see him, I will only be a minute."

The vague statement seemed to be enough to swayed him because he then bowed his head down in a respectful manner and moved away to let her through.

"Be careful down here my lady, the men are not so nice."

Boy was he right. The small walk down the hall was enough to make Nova Lee want to turn back and run into Thor's bed again. But she refused to be turned away by old men in cages. She was no longer the girl who cried at the strike of lightening, that girl fell apart long ago.

Nova ignored all the taunts of men, whistling and hollering at her to come closer. She has her mind set on one prisoner and what she found was more satisfying then she expected. He sat in a glass enclosed cell on a cot with his head in his hands, she could tell the noise of the other prisoners were getting to his sanity. His once put together clothing was disheveled, along with his hair growing wildly out of place. His father really did send him down there to rot away. 

When she finally arrived in front of him she realized how little she prepared for this meeting. What was her reason for breaking into Asgard prison to see the man who kidnapped her?

His voice broke her out of her thoughts as he mocked the words of their first meeting, "you don't seem to belong here."

Nova's eyes narrowed as she watched his green ones glow with amusement, "well I've either come for revenge or mercy, I guess that will depend on how this conversation goes."

———

Loki is back ✨✨