Chapter Fifty-Two

Nova

THE GOD OF THUNDER, RULER OF ASGARD, SON OF ODIN had just asked her to marry him. A girl from earth. A clueless girl from earth who had no business ruling another realm. But Nova knew in her heart that wasn't true. She was powerful, she could feel it. And she knew her purpose was far greater than earth. She felt as if life had finally settled her on the path of her destiny. It was always the path toward Thor.

"Now you're the one staring Nova," Thor said from the end of his bed.

Nova hesitated at the door way in her white cloth pajamas, she was thinking much too hard considering how late it was. But in her defense the God was bare chested and preparing for bed.

"I'm not staring, I'm concentrating."

He smiled at her innocently waving her over, "how about you leave all that concentrating for tomorrow and come to bed?"

Her feet however would not move. Not when his hair was tied back loosely with strands of blonde falling against his cheek. Not when his voice was deep and raspy with exhaustion, his chest untouched from all (including clothing).

Dear God. She thought to herself, how will I ever deserve that.

"Do not make me get up," he said teasingly as he laid back against the pillow.

She tiptoed over carefully, sitting with crossed legs at the end of the bed. Her arms were folded across her chest to avoid the sight of her thin clothing. Thor put his hands behind his head perching it up to see her clearly.

"What troubles you my love?"

She sighed crossing her arms tighter, "you're troubling me."

Thor frowned sitting up to reach her. His arms stretched wide as if waiting for her to come to him.

"You know you're hardly just beautiful, you are unworldly in every way. Unworldly and also vaguely threatening."

She cracked a slight smile blowing her cover and crawled toward his open arms. Thor engulfed her into his chest cradling her head into his shoulder. The god kissed every inch of her face until a giggle erupted from her lips.

"Why am I troubling you?" he said laying back against the pillow with her still in his arms.

"Because I don't think I will ever deserve you. Not when you're free from flaws and I still walk with a limp because of an injury that happened years ago."

Thor ran a thumb over her freckled cheek, "but you Nova Lee are the delicacy I should not be granted. Untouched," he said with a kiss to her jaw, "and pure," he said with another kiss.

"I am hardly a clean man when I have caused so much blood shed. It is me who doesn't deserve you. You are the only thing that helps me see reason," he said honestly, "everyone knows I need that."

"And my limp?"

"Something to remind you of the part of yourself that is still mortal."

"Hmph," Nova responded as if unconvinced.

Thor's eyes glistened with an emotion unknown to the girl. His lips remained against her cheek, she could feel the warmth of them brushing against her skin. She shivered underneath him.

"Let me show you," he mumbled with his deep accent.

He moved slowly trailing down the outline of her skin. Leaving this lips pressed against the ball of her shoulder for a bit longer. The fabric of Nova's nightgown felt even thinner under Thors moving eyes. He didn't seem to notice her nervousness as he continued his tortuous game.

The god managed to find his way onto her bare collar bone. The girl laid stiffly trying not to think about Thor's naked chest against her body. His hands found the outline of her hips. Her nightgown was pulled up a dangerously high amount.

"Thor," Nova said quietly.

Her voice sounded foreign to herself, like she had travelled through time and space and arrived back anew.

He pulled his lips off her shoulder to look up at her. His hair was tangled across his face, his built shoulders begging to be touched. Nova was cursing in her head.

Instead of thinking she pulled his face up to hers and kissed him. This kiss wasn't like the ones they had shared before. It wasn't desperate or demanding. She explored the wonders of his mouth without hesitating from the butterflies that were flying around her belly. The god didn't seem to mind her lack of warning as he took handfuls of her hair in one hand and kept another placed on her hip.

By now the god was hovered over her small frame. She couldn't help tracing her hands around the muscles in his back.

The god stopped for a second moving his lips away from hers to breathe, "say the word my love, and I will make you mine."

His baby blue eyes flickered with ambition and flooded her heart with love.

He held his body up with his elbows while searching Nova's eyes.

"I have been captivated by you since the first time I looked into your eyes sweet girl. I will give you anything and everything."

The nervousness in Nova's belly flooded away as she looked to the man in front of her. The man who made her feel safe and loved. She would die for him, over and over again if she had to.

"Yes," she whispered while grabbing ahold of his arm.

"I want you forever."

Thor's heart beat loudly in his chest as he smiled pressing his lips back to hers in an instant.

———

The PG-13 scene that nobody asked for 🙂