Chapter Thirty

NOVA LEE'S FEVER CONTINUED ON WITH EACH PASSING DAY. Some days she would barely open her eyes at all. The girls chest swelled to a bright red and looked enraged as ever. Her dizzy state kept her mind at ease about the recent travels. Although the first night Nova couldn't seem to comprehend her arrival on Asgard, she soon warmed up to it. After spending countless hours laying in the same bed Nova even grew fond of the grandness of it all.

Thor had yet to fully explain the girls arrival to King Odin, but he planned to meet with him in private later on in the afternoon. Fear still lingered in his chest that Odin would be another bump in the road. Though his mother would be quite the opposite. Thor had missed his mother while he was away from home, and he hoped she would know just what to do about Nova's condition. Another thought loomed the god's brain at his return...Loki. Although Thor knew he was safely locked away in Asgard's prison he still felt uneasy with the God of Mischief being so close to Nova again.

All the troubling thoughts vanished for a moment as he took the time to admire the girl from earth. The light shined perfectly on her skin making the scattered freckles on her cheeks appear almost like kisses from the sun. The dirt and wounds on her skin were gone but replaced with a layer of sweat from her bodies burning temperature. Thor's eyes flickered to hers as she slowly peaked them open. She squinted for a moment before blinking rapidly letting the sun bring color to her eyes.

"Goodmorning," she mumbled so softly it could hardly be heard.

The god smiled leaning closer to her body from the edge of the bed. His mind wondered back to when Nova left Stark's tower and he was plagued with dreams of her. He would always imagine her right there in his room back in Asgard. With the sun shining through to her features and her skin so soft he could almost feel it. Perhaps those dreams were just illusions brought upon by Loki, but whatever the case they were no longer just fantasies.

"I dreamt of this you know," He said after a while of running his thumb down the locks of her thick hair.

Nova Lee coughed slightly, peering curiously into Thor's bright eyes, "you dreamt I would be sick?"

"No, I imagined you would be here in Asgard with me. It felt almost too real to be a dream."

Nova stared at him deeply ignoring the pain in her head from keeping her eyes open so long. Her chest felt lighter with the god so close but still stung her body with shocks every so often. Regardless of the pain Nova Lee studied the man's face with a different perspective. The god's presence used to bring worry to her mind but now she laid peacefully underneath him watching the crinkles in his eyes as he smiled.

"This doesn't seem like a dream to me," Nova replied after awhile lifting her arm weakly to touch Thor's face.

He watched her hand shake and quickly enclosed it in his kissing the top lightly. Her face scrunched up in pain as her arm arrived back at her side.

"I swear to you, I will find the cause of your pain and bring it to an end."

The mortal bit her lip softly touching the burning scar on her chest in thought. As the days went on the more energy she seemed to lose. The pain wasn't getting any better. But the pain Nova felt was unlike anything she had felt before. This wasn't an ache, a throb, or a stab it was a burning feeling in her chest. So intense it almost felt like a message.

"You remember what Loki said Thor-"

Thor shook his head cutting her off immediately at the mention of his tormented brother. He refused to let the thought of him corrupt her mind any longer.

"Let me finish," she demanded weakly squeezing his hand in frustration before continuing, "I'm not like you Thor. I will never weld the power of a god or amount to the strength of a hero. I will age, I will grow sick... and eventually I will die. I know you don't want to see me like this but it is what I am. I'm a human... I'm fragile, breakable even."

Thor watched the fear in her eyes as she finished speaking but refused to let her mind wander to such careless thoughts. He desperately wanted to kiss away her worries. Tell her that she was sculpted by the gods. That she was the most beautiful creature that earth had to offer. But instead he settled with kissing her hand again and offering her wishful thinking.

"This doesn't sound like the mortal who told everyone to kiss her ass," His words brought a smile to her face due to the earthly slang wearing off on him.

Thor rubbed his thumb over her forehead flickering his eyes away from her lips before speaking again, "Nova Lee you are the most powerful human I know. You are strong-willed and determined enough to demand the world of all its pleasures. I do not doubt your strength sweet girl, I never have."

"I hope for your sake this strength of mine appears sooner rather than later."

As Nova's eyes got droopy again Thor smiled down at her stubborn nature.

"It has been here all along."

———

Get ready for all the romance (there will be a lot of that) & action in Part 3!

Thank you for all the comments and votes I appreciate them all ;)