-----> travel buddies: chapter five

"You're getting sloppy." My trainer booms at me as I laid on the floor. I grunt and sit myself upright.

"Ease off, this is something new I'm learning." I defend. He lends me a hand which I accept to pull myself up.

"That's not an excuse at your age (y/n)." He huffs.

"I'm only thirteen." I point out with my arms cross. He snickers and demands me to start again. I concentrate on my breathing and close my eyes. I puff out my chest and let out a high pitch scream. I can see the sound waves wobble the air until it collides with the fifteen-meter-long concrete wall. My body gets pushed back until I stumble and fall backwards. I manage to destroy more then half of the walls length, but not the whole thing.

"Alright, if you don't get this, you're getting me lunch." He bets. My ears perk up and a grin appears on my face.

"Deal." I immediately agree. I run through it again and let out another dramatic scream. Letting the chunks of concrete fall, I look seeing that I was only a couple meters off from destroying it all.

"Aww dammit." I whine. I see my trainers face glow up and turn to me.

"You know what that means." He reminds me. I moan and nod my head.

"That's it for today. I'll see you tomorrow at your scheduled time." He says to me. I wave him off before finding the lift and zooming up to my rooms floor, L3.

I barge into my room and take my clothes off for a nice hot shower. I step into the foggy bathroom and let the hot water run freely down my body. I carefully run my hands under the water slightly flinching and my raw knuckles from combat earlier today.

"Fuck." I mutter. I turn my shower off and dry myself off before throwing on a red singlet with some black trackies. I dry my hair with a towel and then collapse on my bed letting out a massive exhale. I hear someone knock on my door.

"Hey (y/n)." Jaylin calls out as he enters my room.

"Hey Jay." I respond tiredly not moving from my position. He closes the door and walks up to me lying on my bed. He then falls on top of me which causes me to wheeze and start to laugh.

"Jaylin!" I yell while letting laughs follow. He rolls off me and lays next to me.

"What's up?" He says randomly. I slow down my breathing.

"I'm tired and sore from training so honestly nothing." I reply showing him my hands.

"Dammit (y/n) not again." He sighs looking at my knuckles. We both sit up on my bed and rest against my bed head.

"Why do you go to such limits that involve you to get this injured?" He questions curiously.

"I just usually box to get my mind off something, you know that." I say back, but he's looking for something else, something different that I haven't told him.

"(y/n), what haven't you told me? You're like my sister. We promised that we'll be best friends and always tell each other if anything's wrong." He recalls back from seven years ago. I sigh and give up on trying to hide it. I take my back off my bed head and face him.

"The reason why I go so hard in combat training is because of an incident that happened the day before I came to this facility. There's this boy named Katsuki Bakugou and I became friends with him in kinder, we got to a point where I called him my best friend. When my parents told me that I was moving, I had to tell him and my other friend that I was moving." I pause suddenly getting the painful scene rolling in my head.

"I told him I was leaving but he had been acting where the last couple days. When I told him, he turned and said he was glad I was leaving, I was weak, useless and just nothing. He even said that my quirk was stupid and that I was meant to be a weak villain." My body shivers and my eyes stare intensively at my bed sheets.