-----> deciding who's best: chapter twenty-one

I take one step out from the gate and already the cheers and screams of the crowd are louder than ever. I see Bakugou from afar with a resting smirk on his face.

"Told you I would keep my word." I grin at him.

"I knew you would, now I can win against you like I've been wanting to do for a long time." He firmly states with his smirk growing wide.

"We'll see about that." I reply back to him. Midnight rises to the stand.

"The best of luck to the both of you, may the best student win." Midnight says to the both of us. Bakugou and my eyes lock with each other's. Mixtures of excitement and determination flow through both mine and Bakugou's eyes as clear as day.

"Let the match begin!" Midnight yells throwing her whip down.

We both lunge at each other with our explosions and screams ready to be activated. He lands the first hit on my shoulder. I turn my body around and scream into his back. He plunges towards the ground and I skid across the floor.

"You bitch!" He calls out.

"Don't start name calling now." I scoff running back towards him. He quickly jumps up and dodges my attack. I create sharp fences that swarm around the boundary lines. His mouth curls up into a cheeky grin. His hands light up with hot explosions.

"You're sure making this interesting." He grins mysteriously. I return the same gesture and stamp my foot on the ground. The arena starts to shake and echoes a loud bang. I create massive sharp polls that stick upwards and curl around the arena. One wrong move, and either one of us will get stabbed through my sharp rock mountains.

"Be careful what you do Bakugou." I sing in a tease.

I zoom off running in between and around the props I created. I create little platforms and climb myself up to look down on the arena. Bakugou keeps exploding and destroying my tall, deadly mountains. He stops right under my shadow and looks up. Instantly he boosts himself through my platform causing us to fight in flight. I turn my body around and kick him in the hip. He grabs and ankle and spins me down into the ground with him. I grunt and stand myself up. My coughs fill the area while the dust still floats around the air. I notice the change of wind from my right. I bend back and let Bakugou's fist swing only just passing my head.

"Cheap trick." I say to him grabbing his arm and flipping him over my body.

"Come at me with all your strength then!" He yells.

"If I do, you'll lose." I reply blocking his attack.

"I'd like to see you try." He snickers.

I push him back and create walls surrounding him. I breath in heavily and scream right at him. The sound waves shoot straight at Bakugou, impossible for him to dodge. He gets hit and crashes through the back wall out of bounds. He skids and crashes in with the arena walls. I let out a croaky cough.

"Katsuki Bakugou is out of bounds, (y/n) Hakai is the winner of this years UA Sports Festival!" Midnight happily declares loudly. Streamers and confetti scatter around the whole arena and stadium seats. I see my class cheering and the rest of the audience roar in excitement. I show a small wave and jump off the fighting arena.

Myself, Bakugou, Tokoyami and Todoroki are all standing on our podiums; Tokoyami and Todoroki in third place, Bakugou in second and myself in first.

"Is this really necessary?" I ask pointing over to Bakugou. He is chained up like a dog, legit with chains and a dog guard mask to cover his mouth. He keeps on squirming to try and break free from the chains.

Tokoyami and Todoroki are awarded their medals by no one other then All Might. Up next was Bakugou where All Might shows some hesitance. He removes his mask.

"Well done young Bakugou in coming second place." All Might booms deeply.

"Get that thing away from me." He snaps angrily. All Might tries to put it around his neck but ends up straining against his jaw. He then approaches me; I smile happily at the number one hero.

"Congratulations Hakai. You definitely showed yourself out there." He compliments.

"Thank you All Might." I reply accepting his medal around my neck. All Might shines off his famous smile before jumping down. I honestly never though I would win a sports festival in my life. Maybe things are finally turning around for me.

I walk through my front door of my apartment to be greeted with Jaylin literally throwing himself onto me. Thank god the door was behind me to stop me from falling.

"Well done (y/n)! I knew you could do it." He tells me.

"Thanks Jaylin." I reply back.

"Now, what do you want? Anything at all for winning." Jaylin asks me. I smile and walk over to the kitchen where we cook at feast.

"Take away, obviously." He picks up his phone and dials a number.

"After this, you're telling me all about it."

__________________________________________
So guys, it's currently the summer holidays for me so i'll be able to post more chapters!!! In janurary though i'm travelling to america for majority of the month so chapters may be slowed down!