-----> my promise: chapter twenty

We both approach the arena either side and wait for Midnights call to begin. He starts to run around using his boosts implanted in his carves to make it almost impossible to hit him. But his speed is both his strength and weakness. I build a massive stand for myself to stand upon looking down at Ilda. He continues to run around the arena until I start to scream. My scream creates massive holes that makes him unable to jump over. I slowly cut off his area of movement until I had him right where I wanted. I leap down and let out one final scream that projects him out of bounds.

"Tenya Ilda is out of bounds, (y/n) Hakai moves on to the semifinals." Midnight announces. I help Ilda up and congratulate him on making it this far.

"You're a strong opponent (y/n), I'll be cheering you on in the semifinals." He truthfully states.

"Thanks for that." I smile to him before the both of us walk back to our seats.

The rest of the fights were kids of our class. First up was Mina against Tokoyami. I observe them both and Tokoyami definitely has the upper hand. Soon Tokoyami won against Mina but had an alright game against each other. Before my fight was Kirishima against Bakugou. Within maybe ten minutes, Kirishima was knocked out of bounds.

"Eijiro Kirishima is out of bounds, Katsuki Bakugou moves on into the semifinal." Bakugou walks out of the arena by the time I left my seat. I walk down the halls until I see Bakugou in sight.

"You did good out there." I tell him.

"Of course I did, I was great." He scoffs in self pleasure. I roll my eyes and continue to walk. He grabs my shoulder and gives it a small squeeze.

"You better win against icy-hot. I'll be seeing you in the grand final when I win." He orders me to accomplish.

"I'll see you then." I say keeping my eyes in front of me. He lets go of me and we both continue on our separate paths. I walk up onto the arena and into the boundary lines. From the little speech he gave to Izuku earlier this morning, I'm not a fan of him.

"Remember, he'll start off with an iced floor." I remind myself. His body fully emerges up from the stairs. He looks emotionless.

"Good luck to the both of you, let the match begin!" Midnight broadcasts.

To my thought, he starts off with the floor turning to ice, his domain. I flip the landscape and let tall mountains of sharp rock emerge around the arena. This set up was like a deadly fight scene out of an action film. I slide from one rock to another making sure he doesn't fully see where I am. He starts to spear ice to every mountain taking gambles on which one I'm hiding behind. He crushes one next to me in result making me pop out from the one I'm behind. I let out a scream seeing the air in front of me shake sending painful sound waves to crash into him. He uses his ice to form a barrier around him.

"That won't be enough." He bluntly slides off his tongue. I click my tongue in annoyance and shoot up more spiked mountains to block his field of vision.

"What can I do?" I sigh to myself. The wall in front of me starts to break, then crumble. I leap out of the way due to the massive ice shard he creates poking out of the whole arena.

"What the fuck is this for?" I question with many signs of confusion. I decide to climb the ice until I was near the top.

I notice Todoroki scoping around where I was on the ground. This gives me the best chance to take him out. The ice is directly on top of him which gives me a plan. I slide down the ice with my posture facing upwards. I breath in deeply and scream as loud as I can. The ice at the top begins to crack and eventually fall right onto Todoroki.

"Crap." I hear him call out. He uses his ice to create a dome so he was covered from his falling ice shards. I come out from my hiding place and scream right at his dome. Everything explodes and pushes him out of bounds. I breath heavily and rest against one of the mountains.

"Shoto Todoroki is out of bounds, (y/n) Hakai commences on into the grand finale." Midnight reports. I try to speak but my voice has been thrown off.

"Dammit." I croak out. I leap off the arena and make my way to Recovery Girls office for some tablets and tea for my throat. I have to be ready, for when I verse Bakugou.

After Recovery Girl helps me out, I walk to one of the waiting rooms. I lie down on the couch and close my eyes. The peace lingers around through the air and my mind starts to doze off.

"Fumikage Tokoyami is out of bounds, Katsuki Bakugou commences into the grand finale against (y/n) Hakai. We will give both students a twenty-minute break to recover before their fight." Midnight yells from outside. I open one eye lid and then close it again.

"I will win against you Bakugou."