-----> lets talk and forgive: chapter thirteen

My eyes slowly adjust to the bright light being let in through the window. My body feels like it's on fire. I tilt my head seeing Izuku next to me on a bed, still knocked out. On the other side was Bakugou sitting on a chair. His head pokes up looking at my awaken figure.

"You're finally awake." He sighs. I faintly nod my head. I can barely talk.

"How's everyone else." I cough out. I painfully pull myself to sit upright on my bed.

"They're okay, only you, Mr. Aizawa and Deku got injured the most." He replies. "Speaking of injuries, lie back down idiot."

"I'm fine." He lets out a snicker and leans back on his chair.

"No you're not. You've got bandages all over you and you can barely talk." He defends.

"Why are you now worried about what I do?" I randomly question. He drops his lean and sits properly on his chair.

"I'm not, idiot." He objects turning his gaze away from mine.

"Is this your way of apologizing from kinder?" His head snaps back and I notice is body tense.

"It's alright Bakugou, I've decided to put that in the past. It doesn't matter to me anymore because I've proved you wrong." I tell him. Behind him the doors slam open with a worried blue-haired boy.

BAKUGOU'S P.O.V

She says it's all in the past? That doesn't matter at this point, at least she proved me wrong? To my shock the door behind me crashes open revealing this boy around my age with vibrant blue hair.

"Jaylin." I hear her call out.

"(y/n), oh my god what did you get yourself into this time?" The boy called Jaylin asks.

"I'll tell you at home." She replies. I stare down Jaylin as he looks at me.

"(y/n), who is this?" He points to me. She goes a bit quiet.

"This is Bakugou." She replies. I notice his eyes widen to my name which got me confused.

"So you're the kid who (y/n) talks about from kinder. I must say man, I haven't heard many great things about you." He says bluntly.

"What gives you the right to talk to me like that, are you asking for something?" I growl towards him.

"You still have the same personality as you did in kinder (y/n) tells me." He adds on. I turn back towards her seeing her face drop. I thought she said she put it in her past.

"Jaylin it's fine. I took one side of your advice and it's not a big deal anymore. Like I told Bakugou, I've proved him wrong so none of that talk back then now matters." She interrupts. He looks at me again before letting out a defeated sigh.

"Alright if you say so, is it alright if I had a chat to you Bakugou?" He requests.

"Go, I need to get changed." I hear her say following a rough cough. We both walk outside the room and close the doors.

"What's this all about?" I ask roughly to him.

"This is about (y/n) and your history with her. She has told me what you said and how you hurt her. I know she said she agrees to forget about it and move on but honestly from that little introduction alone, can you really not snap back at her like you did back then?" He questions deeply. Why does he think he has the right to speak or ask me shit like that.

"Why the fuck do you need to know? I know I fucked up back in kinder but what has that got to do with anything now?" I respond.

"(y/n) has dealt with a lot since she came into the facility. You adding on to this won't help so I need to know what you'll do." He asks firmly. So she's actually been at a facility?

"If you ever hurt (y/n), I won't hesitate to hurt you. She's like a sister to me and I can't let her be in pain anymore." He says with a deeper tone.

"Why the fuck would I want to hurt her now?" I spit out.

"Old habits don't disappear so easily." My fists clench by my sides. I don't want to hurt her you idiot. In all honesty, I never wanted to from the start.

"Like I said, I'm not here to hurt her, I'm just here to earn her trust back." He looks at me astound.

"Your trust? For what reason?" He questions deeper.

"That is none of your business besides mine." I tell him.

"Bakugou, can you come in here please. I need to talk to you for a second." I hear her call from behind the doors. I walk away from Jaylin and into Recovery Girls office.

"What is it Hakai?"

"Please just call me (y/n), I'm not a fan of my last name."

"Wait, you want me to call you (y/n)?" I clarify in slight disbelief.

"Did it not get through your thick skull of yours?" She questions sarcastically. I mumble under my breath and sit down on my chair again.

"Well what do you want to talk about?" I ask her.

"Why did you save me, protect me at USJ?" (y/n) questions. My mind goes blank. I don't want to tell her the real reason but what else can I do?

"I didn't protect you, you ended up here." I answer back.

"Dipshit, you did protect me, when we got trapped in the portal and when I passed out you were there. But why? I've been acting like a dick." She admits.

"You had the right to act shitty. You said you're putting the past in the past; I did the same for that." I say back. She stares at me in awe.

"Was that all?"

"Yeah, that was it, also just a thank you for protecting me today." She quietly says. A light bulb clicks in my head.

"That reminds me, who was that villain guy that seemed to have an interest in you?" I question her. She goes quiet and looks down to the floor.

"Tell me, who was it." I say more sternly.

"I don't know who he was, but he seemed to know me." She replies. I don't push on the topic. I stand up from my seat and exit the room passing Jaylin.

(y/n)'S P.O.V

I watch as Bakugou walks out of the room. When did I start acting like he was a close friend of mine? Of course I'm still not mad at him but still, why have I turned soft towards him? The doors open again with Jaylin walking through towards me.

"What was that talk about?" Jaylin asks with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"It was just about the incident today." I tell him.

"You still need to tell me what happened to you." He reminds me.

"Only if you help me home." I struck. It was close towards lunch but I got permission to go home and rest. Jaylin helps me grab my things and we eventually walk out of the building and straight home.

"What were you and Bakugou talking about outside the room?" I ask him while turning into our street.

"It was nothing, just a couple questions and that was all." He replies not breaking eye contact with the view ahead of us.

"Jaylin, please tell me." I plead. His gaze averts down to mine.

"You know how much I care about you; I'd call you my sister. We just talked and I wanted to make sure that he wasn't here to hurt you again." He tells me.

"Just, don't turn into an overprotective brother, I can handle myself you know." I reassure him. We approach our apartment building and zoom up the elevator.

"I know that, but I still can't see you getting hurt again (y/n), so just please promise me that you'll be careful." He asks of me. I nod in agreeance as the doors slide open. We walk to our front door and Jaylin unlocks the door.

"Well that's my interesting five-minute story, what about yours?" He stretches out.