-----> i love you: chapter forty-two

The night is dark and wet. My brother has already fled back to his base. I lifelessly walk back to the dorms where I can all the students and teachers. No students seem injured, but I few teachers are. Someone spots me and calls out my position. People in the crowd get pushed to the side until I see Katsuki barge out from the crowd. His eyes seem desperate and in pain. He runs over to me and grasps onto my body.

"Where have you been? Are you okay?" He spams into my ear. I can't respond, only stand in his hold.

"He's gone." I whisper. He looks at me confused.

"Who?"

"Izuku. He's dead. He died protecting me." Katsuki's face lifts in awe. His mouth drops. I drop my head into the side of his neck and tightly hold myself around him. Katsuki wraps his arms around my back and pulls me tighter into his body. Why does God hate me so much? What have I ever done to deserve this? This is living hell.

All teachers and heroes demand that we all go back to our families for the next couple weeks until they have everything fixed and under control. I stay with Katsuki.

"Please, can you stay with me?" I quietly ask him. He nods and pulls me through the crowd. I tightly hold onto his hand even when we're out of the crowd. I never want to let go.

The apartment is cold and glum. I turn on a set of lights and flip on the heater to warm up the apartment. The scene is playing on loop. His blood, sacrifice, his words, his smile, his priorities. I start to cry again until Katsuki walks up to me and cups my face. He wipes away the tears and lightly kisses my forehead.

"Why did this have to happen to me?" I glance up at his face looking for an answer. He shows nothing for that question.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up okay?" He suggests carefully pulling me into the bathroom. My clothes are stained red. I look in the mirror seeing the amount of blood I've been carrying. I feel nearly sick to the thought.

"I'll be okay to shower. I'll call you when I'm done." I weakly say.

He lets me shower and hands over new clothes for me to wear. I drag myself to my room and crawl into bed. I move to the end and let Katsuki climb in after me. I move closer to him and bury my face into his chest. He wraps him arms around me protectively. His sweet scent puts me at ease.

"Never leave me." I softly mumble into his singlet.

"I'll never leave you. I love you too much to ever do so." He whispers. A tiny curl of my lips appears on my face.

"I love you Katsuki."

If I ever lost Katsuki, then what's the point of me living anymore?