-----> scars, pain, guilt and anger: chapter twenty-four

BAKUGOU'S P.O.V

Why do I have to paired up with this weakling. I hate it. I'd rather be paired up with icy-hot or (y/n) but they got paired together. I fucking hate it. I walk through the gates into this massive city landscape with Deku slowly trailing behind me.

"Kacchan, we need to think of a plan." He speaks up.

"The plan is to go and fight him." I reply harshly.

"I don't think that's a good idea. He's too strong even with the weights on. Kacchan he is the number one hero; we can't beat him." He tells me. I start to get irritated. Can he just shut up!

"It's best if we try and escape to the gate. We'll have a better chance." My hands slowly clench. If he doesn't stop talking, I'll get really angry.

"Kacchan, look at the bigger picture, we'll lose if we fight him." My teeth start to grit.

"Kacchan, hold up." He calls.

"Are you even listening to me?" He slowly raises. My eyes expand in rage and turn around to face his fragile figure. I lift my arm up and punch him to the rough ground.

"Shut up!" I yell. He groans in pain as he slowly rolls over across the floor.

"I don't need you here, I don't need to follow your orders, I don't need any of this! I just need to pass without you always getting in the way." I spit angrily.

"You know that won't work." He coughs. I growl in anger and turn around to face him.

"I can pass without you helping. You're just dead weight." I mutter venomously. I turn around and carry on walking down the street.

"This is why no one likes you! Your personality is bitter and unforgivable! I'm surprised how someone like (y/n) actually tolerates you around her!" He yells out. His tone was desperate and snappy. I freeze. My bad personality? No one likes me? Surprised how (y/n) tolerates me? Does she still hate me? I grit my teeth and clench my hands until they almost went numb. Can't he just shut the fuck up?

Up ahead something unusual caught my eye. The buildings start to levitate and fall apart. My mind snaps and realises that the match has already begun. I try to dodge but end up caught in the attack. I get flung back tumbling against the ground up to where Deku was.

"What the fuck?" I mutter. How can he still have that much power? His muscular body powerfully walks closer to myself and Deku until he stops a couple hundred meters away.

"Now boys, this isn't how you act on the battlefield." He says deeply. I can still win against him. I need to prove that I can beat him.

"Stay out the way Deku." I growl deeply.

"Kacchan, we need to leave now, we have no chance on winning against him." He pleads. Why should I take orders from a low-level cheater?

I pull out my hand at All Might and link my finger around the clip. I let it rip and set off my stun grenade straight for All Might. The explosion was set and I immediately run at All Might while he is distracted. I leap for him with my hands crackling, until his hand reaches for my face. I mumble and growl under his palm trying to free myself. I throw an explosion against him but it didn't even do a scratch. How is he still this powerful? My body gets slammed to the ground by All Might's brutal force.

"How are you planning to escape this?" All Might questions off to Deku.

"Are you going to flee alone, or try and help out your partner?" He adds on. I see his body quiver.

I feel the weight being lifted off my body then feeling nothing. Wind rushes against my face before feeling someone else collides with me midair. I fall to the ground and grunt in pain.