-----> get to see you again: chapter thirty-seven

KATSUKI'S P.O.V

"Alright class, sit down and pay attention." Mr. Aizawa demands. I look over at the two empty seats in front of me; Deku's and (y/n)'s. I tense my jaw and grip the table. It's all his fault. It's all my fault. Everyone has been quiet since the announcement of Deku's identity.

Our door slides dramatically open by All Might, he seems startled. He darts his eyes everywhere until they reach mine.

"We have been reported that (y/n) Hakai has been found last night." He announces. My mind couldn't comprehend the news. She's been found? After three painful weeks. I jump out from my seat and storm over to him.

"Where is she now?" I ask firmly.

"Young Bakugou you should be out of class." He replies.

"Does it look like I give a shit? She has been missing for three bloody weeks and we just found out that Deku is a fucking villain. I'm not going to sit here and wait. So tell me where she is." I growl. He glances over at Mr. Aizawa for an answer.

"She's at the hospital. She's currently in surgery." He states. In surgery? Just how bad is she? I grab my bag and quickly exit the classroom. Please, I just want her to be alright.

"Where's (y/n) Hakai?" I ask the receptionist.

"Are you a relative of hers?" She questions. I hold my breath. No, but she is mine.

"Boyfriend." I reply. She looks at me before giving me her room number.

I take the elevator up to her floor and fast walk to her room.

Through the little door window I see her lying down. I slowly open the door and quietly shut it behind me. The room was quiet with only the monitors making a noise. My body only shuffles over to her. I see her laying in the white bed. Her skin is almost the same colour as the sheets and her arms are either white or purple. I sit down on the seat next to her bed and just, stare. I couldn't believe it. She's alive, but looking like she's hanging on by a thread. I slowly bring my shaking hand to her face and stroke her hair.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. It should have been me that was there not her. She's been through so much.

I stay here for hours, just watching her breath up and down.

"I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over. You can come first thing tomorrow morning." A nurse told me from the door. I nod and rise from my seat before taking one last glance at her. I grab my bag and make my way out the room.

(y/n)'S P.O.V

Everything feels soft and warm. I don't feel alone. My eye lids flutter open to a welcoming sense of warmth and security. The bright light shines through the side window onto my bed. I try to move my legs but I can't. Something firm is wrapped around my leg and they hurt like hell. My arms and head just feel like a hard pinch. I feel my hand locked around something else beside me. I turn my head to the side of my pillow seeing him; Katsuki. I breath hitches. He was laying his head next to my hip, he was sleeping but in distraught. I gently slide my hand out of his and bring it to his face. He moves and let's his eyes open. I show a gentle smile to his eyes turning shocked.

"(y/n)." He whispers.

"Hey." I whisper back. I carefully move my body to sit slightly upright. I notice his arm start to faintly shake and is eyes get glassy. My heart turns weak. He was left with all this guilt of weeks. He leans in and wraps his arms around me. I snake my arms around his lower waist.

"I'm so glad you're here. I'm sorry that I didn't come sooner to get you." He replies slightly tightening the hug more. The pain is worth this moment.

"It's okay Katsuki, I'm here now." I reassure him. 

"What did they do to you? What did your brother do to you?" He questions.

"My brother didn't do anything bad. He came to me when I called him. I only got a few cuts and bruises but that's all." I weakly answer back.

"(y/n), tell me what actually happened. I can feel you've lost weight and or skin tone is nearly white." He points out. It's not worth lying to him.

"They didn't feed me, except a glass of water every couple of days. They had me chained up but I just stayed lying on the floor. They kept asking me to join them but I refused hence why I have these cuts." I tell him.

"It should have been me who was there, not you."

"No, I couldn't live with it if it were you there. They would have been to cruel on you, worse than me." I answer back. "I heard the fight you had with Izuku."

"Did he see you there?" He quickly asks.

"Yes, he did see me. After I heard you two fought, I couldn't push that sentence away." I roughly speak. I pull back and stare at his worried face.

"You don't need to worry. They won't come here anytime soon." I now whisper. His eyes were still glassy, almost about to over flow. It feels like knifes are stabbing my chest. He blinks and a single tear falls down.

"What are you worried about now?" I ask him while wiping his tear away.

"Nothing, I'm just glad you're safe." He answers back grabbing my cold hands.

"I never knew Katsuki had such a soft side." I snicker.

"Shut up." He mutters. I lightly chuckle and move over a little. I signal him to sit next to me on the bed. I rest my head on his shoulder and slide my hand into his.

"How has everyone been at school?" I ask him.

"Fucking depressed and glum since you were gone." He replies. "They'll most likely visit you tomorrow or after school today."

"How did you get out of school." I breath out.

"I forced All Might to tell me where you were." He mutters. I curl up a small smile.

"You didn't have to force him you know?"

"He wouldn't have told me if I didn't. Mr. Aizawa seemed okay with it." After his comment, a tiny noise sparks out. Katsuki pulls his phone out of his pocket and scans over the notification.

"What does it say?"

"The class is wondering if you're up." He huffs. I take his phone and reply to the text myself.

"There." I say and hand him back his phone.

"You know they'll be coming to see you now right?" He clarifies. I nod and he just grunts.

"I'll see you once I'm okay to get out of this place. The doctors would most likely need me here to recover and rest." I say to him. I lightly kiss his cheek; I see his skin turn up in colour.

"Oh come on, really?" I say to him.

"Shut up." He growls again and slides off the bed. Without him here, it feels colder.

"I have to go. I don't want to be around when the others are here." He tells me.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I faintly smile back.

"Just, tell the doctors I'm up." He nods and lightly strokes my hair. My eyes slowly close from the weight of my eyelids. The last thing I felt was his touch leaving my head.