-----> izuku vs todoroki: chapter nineteen

IZUKU'S P.O.V

It was my turn again to compete against Todoroki. I'm not going to lie; my aim is not to beat him but to simply spit a flame. I walk up and see him from afar. I let a small smirk cross my face that no one can see. It's annoying how he gave me this quirk in short notice from the UA entrance exams, I haven't had enough time to perfect it. I hate how I have to look vulnerable, but that's what he wants me to act and look. I put on my determined face and take a couple steps into the area.

"Let the match, begin!" Midnight yells. Instantly he freezes the floor which I quickly avoid.

"Knew that was coming." I whisper to myself. He keeps throwing multiple ice shards in my direction which I can easily dodge, but have to act like I'm only just dodging them. He creates a massive wave of ice tumbling straight towards me.

"This is going to hurt." I flick my finger at the wave allowing the ice to break in an instant before hitting me. My finger turns purple and pain shoots all the way down my finger to my hand.

He keeps on creating ice walls and waves to come hurdling towards me which I instantly break with a flick of a finger. If I didn't have to act for him, I could take him down within a couple minutes. By this time I've already used one hand. Everything was broken and swollen to the point where I couldn't move my hand without flinching in pain.

"Just give up Midoriya, I told you I'll win this." Todoroki calls out to me from across the battlefield. He creates another wave of ice which I deflect away with another finger. I've only got two fingers left to use. This continues until my whole hand is basically broken. He notices and takes another swing at me with shards of ice. I brace myself for pain and flick my finger that was already broken. My finger turns blue and starts to go limp.

"Damn, that shattered all the bones in that finger." I grunt to myself painfully. My flick manages to push Todoroki back nearly out of bounds, only if he didn't create a wall behind him. I hate how he underestimates me.

"Come on Todoroki, you said you wanted to be the number one hero!" I yell out to him.

"So come at me with all you've got! I can see you've gotten frostbite, why don't you heat yourself up?" His eyes widen and his body tenses. He swipes his hand to send another wall of ice towards me. I merely dodge his wall of ice in time.

"I'll never use his quirk." He growls in despair looking up to his father in the crowd. At this point, I've had enough.

"It's yours, your quirk not his!" I scream out to him. He stumbles back in astonishment, like I just hammered that bit of information into his head.

"So come at with everything you've got!" I order to him standing in a fighting position. His other side glows orange and flames freely pour out. His frost bite dissolves away. His eyes expand in glee. I know he feels power at this point. I let my body flow with power, little bits of electricity spark around my body. We both simultaneously lunge towards each other will all of our power locked in.

"Stop them now, they'll kill each other at the impact!" Midnight urgently calls out. Cement walls are immediately created in front of us to stop the cause of an explosion. That won't stop nothing.

(y/n)'S P.O.V

I stare in shock over this fight. Cement walls rise up to try and stop the boys from killing each other. They both collide with the walls and let of a massive explosion with chunks of cement shooting dangerously in all directions. I cover my face from the gust of hot wind and rocks flying towards my way.

I let out a couple coughs and open my eyes. Rocks clank and tumble down the walls and roofs. The arena is all covered by dust, no one can see.

Soon after the gust clears, we see Todoroki barley standing inside the boarders. I dart my eyes around seeing Izuku unconscious out of bounds. Midnight hesitantly stands up with her whip in hand.

"Izuku Midoriya is out of bounds, Shoto Todoroki commences into the semifinals. Can someone please send Midoriya to Recovery Girl right now." Midnight immediately demands. I look at his state, bruises and broken bones is what you would describe him as right now. I watch as my beat friend gets carried away on a stretcher to Recovery Girls office.

"I hope he's okay." Tsuyu comments in worry.

"Hey, I just overheard what happened. I hope Midoriya is fine." I hear Ochaco also say walking down the stairs. I just hope he hasn't done any long-term injuries. I jump off my seat and wander down the halls back to the gates, my fight against Ilda is about to start.