-----> obstacle race: chapter sixteen

I start weaving myself through the crowd of students until I'm near the front. I notice Todoroki turn around and whip his hand across letting ice consume the floor. I quickly jump high and avoid getting caught in his ice trick. I smirk noticing majority of the students trapped in his ice. Still a few managed to dodge and are slowly catching up. I suddenly stop and smack my fists on the rough soil. Massive deadly spikes of solid dirt rise from the ground making it a critical forth obstacle to pass.

"Did you see Hakai's swift transition to create such sharp and dangerous spiked walls. Now that's another challenge for all those students that are behind her." President Mic yells through the speaker. I laugh and continue running until the first obstacle reaches my field of vision.

I see Todoroki ahead of me but an explosion catches me off guard from behind; Bakugou. I pick up my running pace until I reach the first trial that Todoroki has already cleared. The zero-point robots from the entrance exams.

"I'd be careful if I were you. I made them highly unstable and they could fall any second." He says to me on the other side before he takes off. I grunt in annoyance and gather up air in my mouth. I project it towards the massive robots from the entrance exams and scream. The sound waves crush the robots and fling them out of the path. I quickly run and dodge a falling robot making the path unseen from behind me.

The second obstacle course was very interesting. Rope is being connected to each floating platform under a massive cliff drop.

"They don't hold back." I puff out. I see to my left that Todoroki was skiing his way across. I grin to a plan I thought of. I control the rock platforms and carry myself over letting some ropes snap off the platforms I was on.

"Hakai sabotages nearly a third of the whole second course, this girl doesn't hold back!" President Mic yells intensively through the mic. I keep running making me now first place.

I turn my face around noticing Bakugou and Todoroki are both in sight. I curse to myself and push myself further to the third obstacle.

As I approach the last curse, I read a sign giving me a warning about mines. I instantly pay attention to the floor making sure I don't step on an explosive. I hear footsteps get closer and closer towards me. I know who they are. I jump into the air and turn my body turn and scream right at them. They both get pushed back and activate a mine. My eyes widen and my mouth curls.

"This is now a run from death." I land back down and sprint to where I can see the finish line.

The ground turns dark and my shadow disappears. I glance up seeing my massive ash cloud form and a bit of metal fly right off it. Tiny bits of green electricity spark around the metal palate.

"Izuku?" I gasp in shock. He zooms over me and crashes a couple hundred meters in front of me. He quickly gets up and runs towards the finish line. I show a small smile as I pass the finish line in second place.

I let my breathing catch up to me and let my body fall to the ground. That was something. A mob of lime-green hair appears in my sights with his hand out.

"Are you alright (y/n)?" He questions heavily with sweat dripping from his neck.

"Yeah, just a bit tired. Congratulations on first place." I say accepting his hand and helping myself up.

"Thanks, but I really didn't do much. I still can't fully control my quirk." He says rubbing his neck. We wait around until we see Todoroki and Bakugou cross the finish line.

"So you two didn't kill each other? I'm impressed." I say to them, mainly towards Bakugou.

"I'll kill all three of you." Bakugou mutters in a threat. 

"I'll keep you to your word." I reply.

The rest of the students flow on through with all of class 1A managing to pass the first game.

"Alright can everyone who didn't make it into the top forty please go on ahead a take a seat in your designated class area seating's." Midnight tells everyone. Many people left until it was just us forty students waiting for the second round.