-----> nightmares can lead to the truth: chapter twenty-two

"How are you feeling, (y/n)?" The figure asks calmly. Another man appears from the shadows next to him. His skin was fair and hair was a light blue. I know that hair colour.

"I think she's had enough for today." The other man replies with a slightly croaky voice.

"How about we move on to him." He adds glancing over at the boy chained up.

"I've been waiting for this all day." The other figure replies with evil excitement filling his voice. I try to yell, tell them to stop. My voice only comes out in coughs. I hear chains rattle and an object drop to the floor. A mask?

"I'll kill you for hurting her, untie me and fight me you bastards!" A masculine voice yells from the chair. I recognise that snappy voice anywhere. The two man laugh and one slides out a knife from their sleeve. The tip inches closer towards the boy in the chair. I let out a scream that shocks my whole body and vision until everything crashes.

I bolt upright and breath dangerously fast. Sweat drips down my face. I dart my eyes over towards my clock, 3:47am.

"Not again." I shakily whisper. I slide out of bed and throw on a jumper and shoes. I grab my phone and keys quietly before exiting the apartment building. These nightmares have been occurring for two years now, but tonight was the only night where I recognised two of the boys in my nightmare.

The air was sharply cold, lightly prickling against my face. I walk down the lonely streets until I hear the sound of waves crashing smoothly against the shore. I walk onto the sand and stare at the moon from afar, it's light bumping off the clear water. I sit down on the sand and bring my knees to my chest to rest my head on. I breath out heavily and close my eyes. It was just another nightmare; I say to myself over and over in my head. The pain slowly eases away.

I hear footsteps start to come towards me. I turn my head around with my eyes widening.

"(y/n), what the fuck are you doing up?" An all familiar voice calls out in surprise.

"I could ask you the same thing Bakugou." I reply facing back towards the ocean.

"I asked first, so answer." He says walking closer to me.

"I just came out here for a walk, to clear my mind." I answer in little detail. He approaches my side and sits next to me.

"Like you would come out here at four in the morning just to have a walk and think." He scoffs.

"I have my reasons, but I don't see how your excuse would be any better." I retort back to him. He stays quiet alongside me, watching the water pull up to the damp sand. "I had another nightmare, so I came out here to clear my head. That's what I've always done." I decide to say. His eyes turn to me.

"You had a nightmare? Isn't that normal for people to get?"

"Not if that's your only nightmare that you dream of in two years."

"Two years? Why haven't you told anyone you idiot?" He grumbles.

"Because, no one needs to know. All of this happened after my parents..." I trail off to the past memory of that unexpected announcement from them. Back then, I didn't know how to feel, I only had Jaylin to help me through it.

"Your parents what?"

"It all happened after my parents told me I was adopted and that I had an older brother." I barley spoke out. His face turns stunned and shocked.

"You're adopted?" He re-speaks. I nod my head and rest it on my knees.

"Thirteen I was told. They said I had a brother but he ran away from the centre. I'm only assuming he is older than me if he actually did that."