-----> sports festival: chapter fifteen

My famous alarm rang through my ears causing me to flinch my eyes open. I groan loudly and turn off my alarm remembering todays date.

"Damn, it's the sports festival today." I yawn tiredly. I slowly roll myself out of bed and get changed into my school sport uniform. I walk down into the kitchen and grab some breakfast.

"You excited, nervous, scared?" Jaylin asks multiple times.

"I don't know, a tad bit excited and nervous?" I shrug unsure at him. "You'll be watching right?"

"Yep, I'll be here all day." He answers. I grab my bag and head towards the door.

"Well I'm heading off now, see you after." I call out.

"Good luck!" He yells from afar before I close the door.

I arrive at school and walk through my classroom. Many students are filled with excitement, almost jumping of walls. I take my seat and rest my head on my table.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Bakugou questions sternly poking my head. I lift my head up with no expression.

"I need sleep, that's all." I reply facing my head back down on the table. I hear the door swiftly slide open and foot steps clatter against the floor.

"Alright, as you all know today is the sports festival. We'll all be hopping on a bus and heading over to the arena." Mr. Aizawa tells the class. All of us stand up and walk down the levels to head outside towards the buses. Everyone was there, we were the last class outside. Class 1B were next to us about to board their bus. Everything passes as a blur until we hop on the bus. I sit next to Izuku and instantly close my eyes and gain some more sleep before the games start.

I feel someone nudge my shoulder. My eyes gradually open and I let my body stretch out.

"Come on, we are here." Izuku lightly informs me. I glance outside seeing the massive arena walls and security. I clearly hear the screams and clicks of camera and people surrounding us and blocking the entrance gates. We all quickly jump off the bus and make our way inside before any news reporters or paparazzi invades us for questioning.

We walk down the long halls until I see a bright shine of light at the end of the tunnel. The crowd cheers and screams our names throughout the whole area. Everyone just explodes in excitement. The rest of the class' eyes glee in awe and amazement, that we are finally here.

"Look at everyone, this is amazing!" Ashido exclaims happily.

"Even the pro heroes are over there." Sero points out across from us. Many pro heroes are sitting in a private seating area where they can observe us and every move.

We all join the rest of the classes in the middle and chatter amongst ourselves until we hear Midnight walk out onto the stadium.

"Welcome everyone to the UA Sports Festival!" She announces confidently. The crowds roar in thrill.

"To start off today we'll give all of your contestants a twenty-minute break in the waiting rooms while the rest of you find your seats and get comfortable. Afterwards, we will commence in the sports festival." She speaks loudly getting to everyone's ear. We all got sent into a separate waiting room for each class.

"I can't believe we are really here." Ochaco beams. "How are you guys feeling?"

"I'm feeling alright at the moment; from my experience you'll feel more as the time comes closer for you to compete and fight." I tell him. From the corner of my eye I see Todoroki walking towards us. His face was neutral, showing no expression what so ever.

"Midoriya." He calls. He turns to face Todoroki with an eye brow risen.

"What's up Todoroki?" He replies.

"I just want you to know, that I'll be beating you in the sports festival." He blurts out. My eyes widen and everyone's attention turns to them. Izuku's expression seems shocked.

"I'm sorry, what?" Izuku replies almost speechless.

"Isn't that a little bit mean?" Tsuyu speaks out.

"Yeah, I mean we are all friends here and I know it's the sports festival, but that wasn't nice." Ochaco quietly joins in.

"We're not here to make friends, we are here to become pro heroes." Todoroki firmly states.

"If you're not here to make friends or even just some allies then you can just leave." I say firmly.

"If all you want is to be here and become a pro hero, then that won't happen." I let my eyes meet his multi-coloured ones.

"It's alright (y/n)." Izuku says standing up from his seat.

"I know I'm not strong like you. I'm not strong like Kacchan or (y/n) or anyone in this class." He looks down and clenches his hand into a fist. He shoots his hand up towards the roof.

"But I'll try my best! I will beat you and be the winner of this sports festival!" He yells determinedly. I notice Bakugou's body actions are tight and rageful. He grunts angrily and walks away. The bell rings for us to all meet back outside for the games.

The crowd was as loud as before, it was almost deafening to my ears. All the classes gather in the middle awaiting for Midnights introductions.

"We will start off by having (y/n) Hakai stand up here and give a small speech for todays games. She received the highest points in the entrance exams." Midnight announces. I freeze. She can't be serious. Ochaco pushes me up front. I sigh and walk up to where Midnight is standing.

"All I'm going to say is, someone from class 1A will win, and that person will be me." I speak through the microphone. Silence fills the air until many yells echoed through the stadium of both fans and students in lower classes. I snicker and jump down from the extended stadium.

"What was that speech for?" Kirishima whines.

"What? It's just so everyone gets fired up to try their hardest and win. They all want to now prove me wrong and win for themselves." I explain showing him all the other students.

"Oh right." He responds finally getting it.

Midnight quickly takes off and declares the first game will start. She says that the first game is an obstacle course. We have to run four kilometres in total with three major obstacles in the way. The first forty people to cross the finish line will make it to the next game.

Everyone pushes and shoves one another to the front of the gate, where we start. I decide to hang near towards the back of the group for I have something planned.

"Remember the rules and the first forty people to make it across the finish line will commence to the next round." Midnight reminds us all.

"On your marks, get set, go!"