-----> fights: chapter eighteen

"The final game today will be one on one battles. Everyone here will be randomly slotted to verse someone else. Whoever wins will keep on climbing until someone is declared winner for this years sports festival." Midnight explains. The crowd cheers loudly which is like gun shots being released near my ears. I cover them and close my eyes. I feel someone grab my wrist and drag me off the arena.

"Bakugou, what are you doing?" I question to him.

"You're going to fucking Recovery Girl and I'm not taking no for an answer." He hisses. I sigh and let him drag me down to her office because at this rate it's pointless to argue with him. The pain has slowly started to die down. We arrive at her doors and Bakugou just barges his way through with me trailing behind.

"Bakugou, Hakai, what has happened?" Recovery Girl asks looking at my ears.

"Cavalry Battle." I simply reply.

"Let me see what I can do." She answers signalling me to sit on the bed. Bakugou sits across from me on a chair and just stares around into space.

"Who did this?" She quizzes.

"It was Monoma, I think he copied my quirk." I answer back.

"It must have been a close impact because your eardrums are nearly wrecked." She tells me. In a couple minutes she managed to heal my ears but I still need to stay away from very loud noises for a couple hours.

"Alright, you're free to go." Recovery Girl says. I thank her and both myself and Bakugou walk out.

"Why did you wait for me? You could have just left." I ask him.

"Shut up." He mutters quietly.

"Bakugou tell me what's wrong. You're not normally like this, you're more, uh, I guess people could say unstable and louder." I recall.

"What are you talking about, I'm not unstable!" He yells. I point out his current outburst which he replies with a huff.

"It's none of your business." He tells me.

"It is if it has something to do with me." I say back. He stays silent until we reach our classes seats.

"Just, don't hurt yourself too bad again." He warns me quietly before taking a seat. My heart suddenly skips a beat. What just happened? I shake it off and walk to sit next to Tsuyu and Ochaco.

"How's Izuku's fight going?" I ask them.

"Izuku is going bad, his opponent has him under some sort of spell?" Ochaco replies. I glance down seeing Izuku's eyes a different colour and his body walks towards the out of bounds area.

"Izuku snap out of it! You're here to be a hero, not someone's puppet!" I yell out to him. His body stops just before the line. His body fights to turn around until his eyes snap back to his original colour. His opponent, Shinsou is startled.

"How? How did you break out of my control?" He says nearly speechless. Izuku lets out a yell and runs up to Shinsou. He brings his arm back and punches Shinsou out of bounds, declaring him the winner. Up next was Todoroki against Sero. The fight barley lasts a minute until Todoroki is declared the winner.

"You're up (y/n), good luck." Ochaco says to me. I walk down the halls and up to the gate. Midnight calls out my name and I make my way inside the boundary line.

"Good luck Kaminari and Hakai. May the best fighter win!" Midnight yells. I smirk and face Kaminari. The crowd roars in excitement. He calls over some smooth pickup lines which causes me to laugh.

"You won't be wanting to ask me out after this." I tell him.

"I think you'll beg to go out with me when I show you how strong I am." He says back. I chuckle and completely bypass Midnight declaring the fight to begin.

"Electricity, three million volts." He yells slamming his hands towards my way. I stomp my foot on the floor allowing a massive thick wall to appear right in front of me. The electricity strikes the wall and does minimal damage. I peer around the corner seeing Kaminari act light he's had a bit too much to drink. I sigh and walk over to him and just push his body out of bounds.

"That was easy." I say to myself.

"Denki Kaminari is out of bounds, (y/n) Hakai moves on to the next round." Midnight yells. The cheers rise and the crowd stands up in amazement. I walk out of the arena and back up to my seats.

"You were so good out there." Ochaco compliments.

"Thanks, but I really didn't do much." I say back to her.

Many fights have happened so far. The last fight that I watched was Ochaco against Bakugou. Not to my surprise, Bakugou won but Ochaco surprised me on how far she managed to stay up against him. When she comes back from Recovery Girl, I'll say how well she went. Bakugou joins the rest of us and seats behind me. I climb over my seat and take a free seat next to Bakugou.

"Couldn't you have just been a little less violent against Ochaco?" I ask.

"No." He replies bluntly.

"Come on." I whine.

"She wasn't weak out there, so I couldn't go easy on her." He replies which caught me off guard. Bakugou, complementing?

"So you've finally started to compliment people?" I tease.

"Do you want to die?" He simply states facing towards me. I poke my tongue out and face the front.

"You wouldn't kill me." I tell him. He stays quiet from then on.