Two.

Enjoy. Excuse any mistakes

Dave's POV

"No. What did ya moms say?" I said trying to move the twins out of my face. I'm laying down on the couch trying to watch the game.

"Please daddy! She doesn't understand." Lela cried out.

"And you think I would? I don't even like y'all getting any hairstyle other than pigtails with them little clippy things on the end. Move now."

They're trying to convince me to take them to get their nails done. Faith told them no because every time we takes them, they bite their nails and take the polish off as soon as we leave the salon. It's a waste of money.

"We promise we won't mess them up." Lena grabbed my hand and begged me.

"Faith!" I yelled out.

"What?!" She yelled back.

"Come get ya daughters!"

"Shhh daddy. You're gonna get us in trouble." Lena tried to cover my mouth.

"Y'all still in here talking about your nails? I done told y'all I would paint them myself after we eat. Stop harassing your dad." She walked in wiping her hands off on a dish towel. They ran off to their room and she came and sat beside me. "You okay?"

"Yeah? Something happen where I need to be something other than okay?" I continued to look at the tv.

"No. I'm just checking on you is all. Damn. Why you being so snappy?"

"I'm not." I brushed off what she said.

"If you don't want her to go on the date then go tell her, but giving her the cold shoulder is just going to make her feel bad."

"She already know how I feel about the nigga. Don't shit else need to be talked about."

She looked at me for a few more seconds and then sighed. "I'm almost done with the food. I'll bring you your plate when I get them settled at the table." She went back into the kitchen.

Kairi, my baby girl, my first born, my first girl, is going on a stupid ass "date" with the Chauncey nigga. Faith and I both expressed to her that we didn't like him and that we know he's bad news, but she's a young girl wanting to explore on her own.

At first I was like "fuck that, I said no", but Faith convinced me to ease up a little bit. Why? So she could start acting out like Kaiden? No. But she made the valid point that Kairi will start trying to rebel if we tighten the leash. We have to let her learn on her own. That we as her parents know what we're talking about.

I'm still gone fight the lil nigga. Nigga got off easy for disrespecting Faith and calling Kairi "baby". I'm the only nigga allowed to call her that. He better not step foot onto my property.

"I'm leaving, daddy." I heard Kairi say as she stepped down the steps.

"Bye." I said blandly and continued to look at the tv.

"Daddy-"

"Clarence is waiting, Kairi."

I heard her sigh. "I'll see you guys later. I love you."

"I love you too." I mumbled. I'm annoyed, but I still love her.

The front door shut and I groaned out loud. "Faith!" I yelled.

"What is it?!"

"Can you come here?!"

"What is it?" She came over to stand in front of me.