Thirteen.

Since the first book, I always wanted to touch on real life problems. Whether that is relationships, society, or within the black community. I wanted readers to be able to feel the emotion and connection with each character and their story.

As a warning I will say this chapter may trigger things within people and if you or anyone you know has gone through this, I pray that you get healing and the peace that you deserve. It is not your fault. I send love to you and I love you.

Enjoy.

Faith's POV

"How are you feeling?" Dave asked me while he drove on the long dirt road to the house my birth mother lives in. His hand resting on my seven month belly.

"Sick and irritated." I leaned my head against my arm that was placed on the middle console.

Dave convinced, well I say more so forced me, but he'd say otherwise. He "convinced" me to come to North Carolina for Thanksgiving. I wasn't opposed as long as I didn't have to see my family. Staying at the house my grandmother gave me with my own family would have been great.

On top of me not wanting to be here, I came down with a little cold, so I want to be babied and left alone all in one.

"You still don't feel good?" He used his hand to feel my head.

"No."

"Well we'll be there in a second. You can lay down when we get in here."

"We're not staying Dave. I done already told you that. What are you not getting?" I snapped and looked over at him.

"And I told you what I said was final. Kill the attitude before I really give you something to pout about. Try me if you want to." He chastised me like I was one of the kids.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but nonetheless I sat back and remained quiet for the remainder of the car ride. He's so annoying.

"Y'all stay where I can see you. Don't run off with no one and look after each other." I told the kids when we got out of the truck. "Not everyone in here is all the way there in the head." I said to myself.

"Y'all go ahead inside." Dave directed to them and stopped me from going inside. "Will you relax?" He said after they entered the house where they know, no one.

"You don't know these people like I do, Dave, so you don't understand why I'm feeling or acting like this."

"You gotta let that hurt go, baby. Just relax and enjoy yourself. I'll get the bags."

"David Brewster Jr. stop fucking playing with me. I said no. If I have to say it again, I'm taking my kids and you can stay here by your damn self. We're staying an hour and leaving. Period." After that I walked away to enter the house.

"Yo. Come here man." He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him with force.

"Let go of-" I stopped when he sent a glare to me. I kept my mouth shut as he led us back to the truck. He opened the back door and motioned me to get in. "What am I getting in here for?"

"Get in, Faith." I crossed my arms and got in. He shut the door behind me and walked to the other side. "Talk." He said once he got settled.

"Can you turn the heat on? It's cold out here."

"I told you not to wear that. Too cold to look cute." He rolled his eyes, but got his ass up to turn the car on to heat the car. Bay bay! My outfit is cute so he can hush.