Nineteen.

Happy New Year! Hope I didn't keep you all waiting too long. This chapter is pretty decent.

Enjoy and excuse any mistakes.

Dave's POV

A couple months later: mid April

"Do you suck toes?" Faith asked me randomly while we drove down the street.

I looked over at her while she drove. "What?"

"Do you suck toes?" She repeated.

"Have I ever sucked yours?"

"No."

"Well then there's your answer." I looked out the window. "Do I suck toes? The hell I look like sucking some damn toes?"

"You get so grumpy when you're sick." She laughed like shit was funny.

"I'm not sick. I already told you that." I got out before I started to cough uncontrollably. I rolled down the window and spit out the mucus.

She kept quiet and continued to drive me to the doctors office. She thinks I'm sick but I'm perfectly fine. It's just a little cough.

We got there and headed inside. While Faith checked me in, I found a seat and put my hood over my head and tightened the strings.

She sat down beside me and started to fill out the papers that I needed to fill out. I laid my head on her shoulder and she kissed my forehead.

"What are your symptoms?"

"I don't have any." I said while coughing.

"Smokers cough." She checked the box that said cough. "You've been having chills." She checked that box.

"No I haven't."

"Dave it's hot in here and you're shivering with your hood on and your arms folded."

"I'm not sick." I sat up and poked my lips out.

"You're such a baby." She giggled. "Tell me what's wrong with you then."

"My nose is kind of stuffy, my head hurts, my stomach is hurting and my body aches." I mumbled. She wasn't going to be quiet until I told her.

"And you're warm." She finished.

"David Brewster." The nurse called out.

"Do you need me to come back with you?" She looked up at me and asked when I stood up. I nodded and she grabbed my hand when I extended it to her.

"How are you all today?" The nurse asked.

"Tired." We responded at the same time.

"I understand that. Step up here Dave so I can get your weight." I stood on the scale. "218." She wrote that down. "What's your height?"

"6'5." She wrote that down then led us down to the room.

"So is this all that's wrong with you?" She asked while getting the thermometer ready for me. I nodded and opened my mouth. "102.5. Yeah it's a good thing you came in here today. You have a fever sir." She threw them thermometer cover away.

"I'll have the doctor come in as soon as he can and we'll go from there." She said after she put the cotton swab in a bag she got to test me for strep even though I told her my voice is naturally raspy.

"You want some soup when we get home?"

"Hell. No. I want something good to eat."

"Didn't you tell me earlier that your stomach was hurting?"