Twenty Eight.

Now SHE is long so don't harass me about updating right away lmao I kid, I kid. It doesn't bother me.

This one is kind of lit if I do say so myself. Not much drama, well not too much so don't worry about that.

Comment a little sum and enjoy. Excuse the many mistakes cause I was half sleep at some points.

Faith's POV

"So. How are you?" I asked once the waiter walked away after taking our order.

She nodded. "I'm doing alright. How are you?"

"Good. Can't complain."

We both sat in silence. Well this is awkward but I'm being the bigger person and since leaving my job, I got more time on my hands, so why not sit down with her?

"Well how is your family?"

I lowly chuckled. "They're kind of your family too, Millie, but they're good. You know Kairi just started her freshmen year at famu. Just finished her first semester."

"Yeah I talked to her a few days ago. She gave me a little update. I'm proud of her."

"Aren't we all? Our baby has grown up into a wonderful young lady."

"She has and I want to thank you for that."

How did we get here you ask? Well she reached out to me a couple days ago. She said she would be in town this week and that she would like to meet, so that's what we are doing.

I've never had a problem with this woman. Ever. I just reciprocated the energy she was giving me. She never liked me and I understand why. A little.

She wanted her man and her family but it didn't work out like that. I came along and it can appear I took him from her even though it's far from the truth.

Dave was always a game player. He liked playing games and didn't care who he hurt. That's just how he was when I met him and I'm sure he was telling her things that got her hopes up, so I'm partially blaming him for our beef.

"You're welcome. She was not easy to deal with all the time but I'd do it all over again if I had to." I nodded. "How is your baby?" I asked referring to Kamilla.

"Girl." She rolled her eyes and sighed in a playful manner. "Grown. She thinks she knows everything and she's is a little rough around the edges."

"Sounds like her sister." We laughed.

"Oh and your younger ones? How are they?"

"Good, good." I took a sip of my drink. "Growing like crazy. Kaiden is 13 and taller than me. He acts like his daddy. The twins are good. They're about to turn nine tomorrow. Very sassy. Then Imani-"

"Imani? That's baby girl you were pregnant with at Dave's dinner right?"

I nodded. "That's her. She turns 1 next week."

"Whew. You have a full house."

"Yeah then I have my niece staying with us. Ella. Not sure if you remember her."

"Aw that's nice. Kairi used to talk my ear off about her best friend."

"And they are still the same. They talk every single day when she's on campus." I shook my head and laughed. They're attached.

"Well that's good. I'm glad everyone is doing good. You look good."

"Girl bye. I look a mess." I really do. I tried to slick my hair back but it kept frizzing up so I had to throw a hat on then my face is breaking out. I got on baggy clothes to hide my still evident pudge. I'm down bad right now. "You look good though."