Thirty.

Nah this one is the one. It's good. We getting range with this one, so I need some comments please.

Excuse any mistakes.

Dave's POV

"You excited for the season?" I asked Kaiden while putting one of his fries in my mouth. I decided to take him out to dinner this Sunday evening just because. Why not?

"Yes sir." He nodded and went in on his burger.

"So what's been up with you? I feel like you don't talk to me like that no more. You growing up man. Always on that damn phone til almost midnight."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Man nothing pops. I just been focusing on school and studying. That's it."

I nodded. "Who's the girl?" I was once his age so I'm knowing.

"Girl? What? Me? Have a girl? Despicable." He scoffed.

"Boy tell me her name."

He sighed and took a sip of his drink. "Her name is Mariah but I call her Mimi."

"Hm. Okay. Y'all in the same class? How y'all meet?"

"At one of my games."

"Oh so she a fan." I raised my eyebrows up and down with a smirk on my face. He just laughed. "So you like her?

"Yeah. She straight. I don't know how it's gone be when she graduate in June but-"

"Hol up. Wait a damn minute." I sat up in my seat. "Come again? You said what?"

"What?" He looked at me confused. "She's straight."

"I got that part Kaiden. What was the part after that? What's happening in June?"

"Oh she's graduating."

"From where? I hope with you from middle school and going on to the ninth grade. Nah I know that's what you meant because you not that damn stupid."

"From high school pop. She's a senior." He shrugged like this shit was cool.

I rubbed at my temples. I want to ring this boy's neck. "Are you a virgin?" He just laughed and continued to eat his food. Oh hell nah. "I asked you a question boy. Don't make me raise my voice in this place and wiped that damn smirk off your face."

"Oh you serious." His face dropped when he saw the anger displayed on my face.

I just looked at him. I motioned for him to get up and threw a fifty on the table. It's time for us to leave because I'm ready to cuss this child out.

I get he's a boy and wanting to experience but not with no damn senior. The boy just started masturbating and now he's having sex.

His momma gone kill him and the little girl. That girl isn't even going to be able to walk across the stage. She'll be rolling by the time Faith Brewster gets her hands on her. And Kaiden? Well he'll be the basketball for the season after she's finished.

"Before you go in on me dad, remember you did the same thing."

I glanced over at him with a deep frown on my face while I drove us home. "Did what same thing?"

"Had sex at thirteen. I saw your interview."

"What I tell you about watching my interviews?" I never liked my kids looking at me in the media. I can't tell you why because the only answer is I just don't.

"Sorry. A teammate brought it to my attention. But dad like-"

"So you did have sex? You aren't a virgin anymore?"