Sixty.

Hey yo! Hope I didn't keep ya waiting too long.

The chapter is eh. Don't really like how fast it seems. It's an introduction chapter so we're just getting our feet wet.

Enjoy and excuse any mistakes. I was half sleep through most of it 🥴

3 Years Later...

Kairi's POV

"So you're not going to smile?" Ella asked me while holding my phone to take my picture.

"I am smiling." I said with the same face as before. She took the picture and gave me my phone back.

Kairi, 23 (@ lovelylesh)

"Cute." I nodded at the picture.

"Okay let's go. We're already late as is." She practically dragged me out of the backyard.

I have a little spot of my own now. It's not the biggest house but there's plenty of space.

"Hold on a second. I need to double back." I turned back around to head inside of my house.

"Go head." She laughed and came in behind me.

"Remember Kaiden-"

"They need to be in bed in an hour. I got it. Go on girl." He rolled his eyes. This grown ass boy is a grown ass man now. A whole 19 year old. I'm getting so old.

He's a sophomore this year at UCLA. I don't know know why he wanted to go all the way out there but I support him.

Of course he's on a scholarship playing basketball. I mean shiiid. I would too if I would've kept playing. Free schooling.

"Okay. Give mommy a hug and kiss." I got down and opened my arms for DJ and Nova.

Yes I am a whole mom out here and I love it. My big two year olds. They are my motivation to strive for greatness.

After that day I- well maybe I should take you back and catch you up. I don't like to talk about it but here goes.

3 years prior...

"You have to help him." I told ems as they wheeled Daniel to their truck.

"Ma'am we'll do all we can." One of them said to me.

"Can I go with him? Please?" I begged.

"Yes but you'll have to sit up front so I can work back here."

We quickly loaded the ambulance and rushed to the nearest hospital. My hands were shaking so bad and his blood stuck to my skin.

I looked down at my ring to see it covered in his blood as well and a tear slipped down my face.