Sixty Three.

Dave really out here boo'd up. Sigh. Can't even be mad at him. Y'all listen to the deluxe yet? I'll get to it when I'm not completely in my feelings about him.

Hopefully y'all like the chapter. Excuse any mistakes and enjoy.

Kairi's POV

"I'm late." I said as soon as Trey closed his office door.

His eyes almost fell out of his head. "Wait. What? Are you sure?"

"What do you mean am I sure? Of course I'm sure. I know my body and my schedule and I'm late." Is he dumb?

He started to pace back and forth taking deep breaths. "Okay. Alright. Cool."

My eyes remained on him then I busted out laughing. "I'm fuckin with you. I just got off my monthly two days ago boy." I sat down on his couch.

His kissed his teeth and stared at me. "Really Kai? That's not even funny or nothing to joke about."

"Honey if I was pregnant, that baby would be in the garbage." I shrugged. "I'm not ready for anymore children especially being a single one."

"Okay chill. You wouldn't kill our baby."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it like that." I sat up quickly and said.

Trey told me that his wife passed away while giving birth to their baby. His daughter unfortunately died along with her.

He shook his head and changed the subject. "So how are you this morning?"

"Besides me being sleepy, I'm doing okay. It would be nice to have the day off. How are you?" I slid in there. What? It should pay to be fucking your boss.

All he did was chuckle and sit behind his desk. "I'm doing good and no."

"No?" I've never liked that ugly word when people deny me of what I want. Who even invented it?

"No. I can't just let you off Kairi. You are still an employee. How would that look to other people."

"Trey please. I'm sure these people know we're in an intimate relationship. Hell why would I be in here all the time?"

"Oh they think you're stupid and a struggling mom." He said with a straight face as if I should have already known that.

"Excuse me?"

"Nobody around here knows you're having sex with me. I told them you keep messing up and that I'm close to firing you. Well I told a couple people and they told others."

I sat up in realization. "So that's why these people keep offering to buy me lunch and making all their copies by themselves?"

"Oh that's not that bad." He laughed.

"Trey you have these people thinking I'm a charity case. One girl even offered to give me some of her kids old clothes. My children aren't struggling. My daughter has designed hair bows."

"Well maybe that's why your finances-"

"Don't say it." I stood up. "I told you this stuff to confide in you not for you to throw it back in my face."

He probably didn't mean any harm by it but it does frustrate me that I do have trouble providing for myself and my kids. I'm working my ass off for them and it seems like I'm still failing.

"Kai-" he stood up but I went to grab the door instead.

"I have to get back to work, Mr.Banks." I said and slammed his office door. It was unintentional but it did add the dramatics.