Twenty Five.

I low key got teary eyed while writing this chapter and that says something since I'm not an emotional person so um brace yourselves...

I need to see some comments when I wake up ya hear lol. Please enjoy and excuse any mistakes

Faith's POV

I walked into Dave's hospital room after talking to the doctor to see so many monitors and cords connected to him. The sight of it all made my stomach turn and my heart break.

He's in a coma and I keep trying to pinch myself or throw water on my face to try to wake up from this terrible dream but nothing is working.

I talked to the police about what happened and they said they'd keep me updated but I'm honestly not going to hold my breath. I am hopeful, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I gave Dave's parents a call and they're on the first flight out of New York. That was about five hours ago. Yeah it's been that long. He's been in surgery. Errol is staying with the kids for the time being but he and I will switch so he can come up here.

Yes, I am pregnant. All of Kairi's jokes about my excessive eating were spot on. I found out a couple days ago. I've barely seen Dave to even give him the good news, but then he said he didn't want anymore kids right now which made me less excited about having another little one.

"Hi babe." I said lowly then chuckled sadly. "I feel so stupid talking when I know you can't hear me." I softly rubbed over his face and he looked so peaceful.

"I'm really sorry. We should have sat down and talked. I was frustrated and you were upset with me, and it just didn't go the way it should have."

I sat down beside his bed and rubbed over his hand. "If you can hear me, I'm pregnant. I found out a couple days ago. I wanted to do a cute reveal but then this happened. I have an appointment tomorrow morning. The test said I was eight plus weeks so we'll see."

I guess all of the cravings I was having were hinting at our little one. I honestly don't mind being pregnant again. I enjoy it. Carrying my child, my husband's child, and seeing how excited my family gets, excites me. I've always wanted a big family anyway.

I didn't have nothing else to say so I sat there in silence. I need to call Kairi and tell the kids, but I'm nervous. It's Kairi's first year and she's been swamped with work. I don't want to stress her but she needs to know. It's her dad.

I was about to call her when Dave's parents busted through the door. Momma East walked over to him, kind of bumping into my leg. No "excuse me", nothing.

Me and sis been static with each other lately. Not on my end, I'm always respectful. She been shady and slick, but I don't say anything because it's Dave's mom.

"Oh my baby boy." She looked at him with sad eyes. "What happened?"

"Some guys shot him outside of our hotel."

"For what? What happened to cause this? David Jr. doesn't start problems that could result in this."

"He was defending me against-"

"Of course he was." She mumbled and rolled her eyes.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what it sounds like. He's always in some shit because of your careless and selfish ways."

"You think I'd put the love of my life in a situation like this on purpose?" I sat up in my seat.

"I don't know what to think. Every time he's been in a situation where he ends up in the hospital, you're behind it. Jail? Something involving you. I'm starting to think you're not good for my son."