Thirty Nine.

Hi sorry it took me so long. I had the block for a minute but I'm back.

This chapter is....something. Hope y'all like it.

Enjoy and excuse any mistakes.

Faith's POV

"What was he doing here Kairi?" I asked her once the little boy left.

"I didn't know he was coming. He's the cousin of a friend of mine. And we didn't have sex. We just got carried away with the kissing. I promise."

"But what was the one thing your dad told you not to do? He'd pay for everything if what?" She mumbled it but I needed to hear her. "Speak up Kairi."

"No boys." She sighed and said louder.

"Exactly and you did the opposite. Then it's with a guy that has disrespected you and your family. This is unacceptable, so whatever your father chooses to do, you're going to have to accept it."

"But he apologized. It's been over a year and he seems genuinely apologetic."

I shook my head. "Don't fall for that. Do not get back with him because he apologized and he seems remorseful. That's all good but it's okay to leave exes where they are. In the past. You don't need to be with this boy. I promise you don't. Trust me."

So many things would be different had I taken the advice that I'm giving her but I get where she's coming from. It's her first love.

You put up with a lot of shit and forgive numerous times when you're in love. I know I did. You know? You push for something and it just keeps falling apart.

You can either let it go and grow from the experience or you can continue to deal with it and lose yourself in the process.

I love Dave but the things he and I put each other through, I would not wish that on Kairi. Our relationship in the early stages was stressful.

We wanted to work more than anything but we could never get on the same page. I just really don't want her to go on a roller coaster like that. It stressed me out beyond words because I wanted it to work out so badly.

"Are you two getting back together?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "I don't know. We didn't really talk about it like that."

"Do you want to?" She kept quiet with that question. "I'm just going to tell you now, your father and I would not be happy if you did that. I don't even know how your dad will react if he finds out that's what you're doing but I know it won't be pretty."

I stood up to leave. "Get dressed. We came down here for a reason and that is to hang out. We'll be back in thirty minutes so be ready."

I left to head to the pool by myself. I don't know where Dave ran off to but I hope he didn't go far. I know he's pissed and I get it. Hopefully he's more calm when he comes back.

"Look what I can do mommy!" Lena yelled when I came in. She went under water and did a handstand then came back up. "Did you see me?!"

"I did! That was cool baby." I sat down. "You didn't want to get in the pool?" I asked Ace.

"I was going to but boog didn't want to get wet." He gestured toward Imani who was occupied on the tablet laying in the shade with her little sunglasses on. She is so boujee.

"Well you can get in if you want. I'll watch her." I know he wants to get in. Remember I said he was a fish when he was younger? He still is.